Different color tip on Black Chrome Panache- looking for options

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigguyZ

OK, so when Rockler had the Panache on clearance for only $5 for the black chrome ones, I bought a bunch of 'em to to some closed end pens.

However, I recently got to finishing a few of these, and I found out that the very tip portion is Gold, not black chrome! I'm not a fan, and I think this looks kind of garrish (just my personal opinion). So, I'm thinking about replacing the tip portion with a plating that won't clash as much.

Unless I'm mistaken, the tip section is the same as the Jr. Gent II one. If that's the case, I know that CUSA has Jr. Gent II's in Black Ti, Rhodium, and Ti. Do you think those would look better, and does anyone know if they sell just that one itty bitty part separately? I'll call to ask, but I want to get thoughts on which plating would work best first...

Thanks,
Travis

Russianwolf

This is why I got the Rhodium kits.

Nope CSUSA doesn't sell parts. They may MAY have some spare parts available, but it isn't the norm.

My guess is that the Black Ti or Rhodium tips would look best of the options.

BigguyZ

Bah! I stopped buying the Black Chrome kits, since the Rhodiums were only a few dollars more. But I still have a few of the Black ones. Well if no one sells parts, I'll just have to deal with it.

Oh well.

As an aside, I'd really like to have been in the room when they thought that one out.

Pen Designer One: "So, we have the Rhodium kits that are all Rhodium, and the Black Ti kits that are all Black Ti. I think for the Black chrome kits we should do something different. You ready for this?"

Pen Designer Two: "Yup, I'm ready."

Pen Designer One: "Gold"

Pen Designer Two: "Gold?"

Pen Desinger One: "GOLD!"

Pen Designer Two:"Like where? One a few of the parts, as a complimentary plating?"

Pen Designer One: "No, just the tip!"

PD2: "Just the tip?"

PD1: "Just the TIP!"

PD2: "Okay.... Hmmm.... Yeah, I think that'll look 'swanky'"

PD3: "Guys... Don't you think that'll look like we ran out of the correct parts and instead decided to use a part from the gold kits??"

PD1: "Naaaaaah, I think it'll look good!"

PD3: "Oohhh.... kay"

Yeah, that's had to be how it went....

Top Bottom