Different Closed End Method

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aderhammer

I've done one closed end some time ago and i'm drying the glue for one tonight and the way i did it was to first turn a wood dowel round and then put a shank and shoulder on it and then put it in a drill chuck and put that on the head stock, bring up the live and then turn down the dowel a little ways so it's under turned in relation to the bore size of the brass tube. Then take some sandpaper and sand the thing until u can push the pen blank on with force but not too much that you can remove it. Use a spacer block between blank and live center and turn down the blank to your finished shape. I use calipers to get the nib end to the right size. Last step is to remove the space block and carefully finish off the end with REAL light cuts.

RMB

I did almost the same thing, but not having a drill chuck I turned a peice of maple to fit in my MT headstock with the other end turned to fit in a 10mm tube. Jam that sucker on and turn delicatly. It's worked for three closed ends now, Cigar and American Classic.

Top Bottom