Differences in Jr. Gentlemens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dabull24

Hey guys,
Im gonna make my family Jr. Gentlemens pens for X-mas. They have two different kinds on crafts supplies, a regular jr. gentlemens and one with a postable end cap. Whats the difference here? What do you prefer?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

Click the link
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/s...&imgsrc=/products/large/jr-gentlemens-2_l.jpg

The one on top isn't postable, the one on bottom is postable. the only difference is the back side of the pen (on the left of the picture). The nib area and caps are the same.

Which one is preferred is a matter of debate.

Me personally, I like the LOOK of the non-postable, but I like the FUNCTION of the postable.

Last edited:

igran7

Postable meaning the cap can "post" or mount on the end while the person using it is writing. Non postable pens cannot. Meaning the cap must be left on the table or in hand while the person is writing. Hope this makes sense.

alphageek

Former Moderator
The cap fits on the back of the pen, and screws on, while you are writing.

Non-postable: you put the cap down and forget where it is, then hunt for a few hours when you are done writing.

Gee Ed... Which one do you like?:biggrin::biggrin:

I personallylike the postable as well, but in my case its because I have fairly large hands and like the longer pen when the cap posted is on it.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
No respect, these younguns today!!!

Gee Ed... Which one do you like?:biggrin::biggrin:

I personallylike the postable as well, but in my case its because I have fairly large hands and like the longer pen when the cap posted is on it.

When I was young, like you, I could REMEMBER where things were, I think, at least that's the way I remember remembering it!!!

Rudy Vey

My sales are exclusively the posting version - I have a few of the non posting Statesman Jr, and they are all still not sold. I personally like the posting version better, but thats just me.

Rifleman1776

As said, a matter of taste.
Personally, I believe a posted Gentleman (full sized) is just to top heavy to write with. The Jr. less so but still not well balanced in the opinion of some. Just fine by others.
I find an advantage to a non-posting (what I carry). If someone wants to borrow your pen, just hand them the pen and hold on to the cap. That way you are guaranteed to get your pen back. Too often folks just slip a pen into their pocket without thinking and you can lose it.

marcruby

I prefer the postable - it allows for a slightly more refined barrel shape than the heavy finial on the non-postable version. That being said, I think a close-ended Jr. Gent is the best looking of all.

Marc

Woodlvr

Frank May I borrow your pen for a minute, my address is, :')

I like the postable but with arthuritis (sp intentional) the non posted is becoming my choice more often.

I'm with Mike and Marc--I favor non-postable for appearance, postable for convenience. I like Frank's solution ("hang on to the cap") -- that's something I'd never pondered, but is surely a good move from an "insurance" standpoint!

Dario

I prefer the postable - it allows for a slightly more refined barrel shape than the heavy finial on the non-postable version. That being said, I think a close-ended Jr. Gent is the best looking of all.

Marc

I agree 100%.

As said, a matter of taste.
Personally, I believe a posted Gentleman (full sized) is just to top heavy to write with. The Jr. less so but still not well balanced in the opinion of some. Just fine by others.

I agree but does the full sized ones come in postable version? Been a while since I looked.

I find an advantage to a non-posting (what I carry). If someone wants to borrow your pen, just hand them the pen and hold on to the cap. That way you are guaranteed to get your pen back. Too often folks just slip a pen into their pocket without thinking and you can lose it.

You can do this with the postable one too. :wink:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I like Frank's solution ("hang on to the cap") -- that's something I'd never pondered, but is surely a good move from an "insurance" standpoint!

What a great idea! Now I won't have to worry about which woods or acrylics
I can match up with the color of the bungee cords!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Don't abandon the "bungee cord"!!!!

IF the pen is attached to one end and you hold onto the other, your offending pen stealer will "Snap to attention" if you let go. Helps to wake him up before you ask for the pen back!!

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Don't abandon the "bungee cord"!!!!

IF the pen is attached to one end and you hold onto the other, your offending pen stealer will "Snap to attention" if you let go. Helps to wake him up before you ask for the pen back!!

.. so you can either take the pen back before he wakes up, or you can
look surprised and say "whoops.. my bad.." :biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The line is, "OH, you had the pen so long, I forgot I was HOLDING that cord!!"

(Only works for us old folks with short memories!!)

Top Bottom