Difference ideas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rsmith

For me it would be Zen.
1) I just don't like click pens in general, most mechanisms, even well made ones, still have a "cheap" feel to me and would have trouble selling them for any more than a "slimline" type
2)I recently turned a Zen for the first time, and I actually liked it quite a bit. Not bulky, but enough meat on it to show off the wood and give it a solid feel (10.5mm tube). Plus, the magnetic top is just "gimicky" and different enough to make them stand out a little more from some others, and the general fit and finish of the components themselves is a little higher than in most long clicks and seems to justify a slightly higher price tag on the finished product...
Just my opinion...

jttheclockman

Those happen to be the 2 pens I hate the most. Never did like the look of them. I know not what you wanted to hear but chose one you like or your client likes. Everyone's tastes are different.

Rick_G

Depends on the end user. For me at home at my desk I'd go with the Zen. Away from home I like the click because I can work it with one hand. The doctors, nurses and waitresses I have given pens to prefer the long click for the same reason.

Jim Smith

I've made a number of both of these pens and I prefer the Zen Pen by a good margin. It has a nice heft to it and it just looks better. The magnetic cap is a unique feature that many of my customers really like.

Jim Smith

Rangertrek

Its a fact, all areas of the country are different for pen preferences and sales. For me, I like the look and feel of the Zen, and use one as a desk pen. I have made many long click pens and also like this pen.

For sales - the Long Click beats the Zen 3 to 1 in my area. I learned from others at IAP, don't just make what you like, make what will sell for you.

cnirenberg

I haven't had the opportunity to make a Zen yet, but I like the looks of it. I like the clicker as well. These 2 pens really show off what they are wearing. The Zen has a nice cap contrast thing going on, but so does the clicker in its own right. I can't say anything as to what sells better, cause I really don't sell 'em...

PaulSF

I just made my first zen, and everyone I've showed it to really likes it. My main beef is that the barrel length makes it fiendishly hard to drill. Perhaps they could make it 1/4-inch shorter, so we don't run out of drill bit??

Top Bottom