Difference between Jr Gents & Baron?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

If it helps any I work at a Woodcraft and have found out that the Baron and Navigator (Woodcraft) are essentially the same. I checked them out also and I think that they are pretty much the same. I hope this helps a little.

Mike

Dario

Jr Gent (version I) and Baron share a lot in common but...
Baron only comes in threaded end cap (JGI have tapered and threaded)
Baron have a hexagonal lower end (vs round on JGI)
Baron have the same sized bushing on the pen body, JGI use 2 different sizes (tapering at the end cap)

I would say they are not the same pen.

JimGo

The V2's are bigger than the V1's. Check out the third picture in this thread to see a size difference (with the cap on) http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15198

gerryr

Originally posted by epson
<br />There is an optional smooth tapered endcap for the Baron available from BB.

The smooth end cap that BB sells is actually from the Jr. Gent version 1 and requries a slightly smaller diameter than the Baron. I believe it's only available in 10K plating so it's pretty useless for any kit except the upgrade gold.

chigdon

I second Steve here. We have been discussing this issue and while we have both been huge proponents of Barons we both prefer the Jr Gents V2 mainly based on the quality of the threaded couplers.

clthayer

I am actually very surprised that the Baron is as popular as it is around here. I gave one to my pastor and he wore the black off of the threads in what I thought was a fairly short amount of time. I gave him a second and he did the same thing to that one. I have to agree with Lou though, the plating options on the Baron are nice, love that sterling silver.

Christian

tone

I'm sorry to hear about the threads wearing out on the Barons. I like the threads so much better than the JGII which like to unscrew themselves in my pocket. I haven't tried the o-rings yet.

Now I have a headache too!

Rudy Vey

Don't know what your pastor is doing, but I have a Baron in daily use since May and have not worn out the threads, yet.

Originally posted by clthayer
<br />I am actually very surprised that the Baron is as popular as it is around here. I gave one to my pastor and he wore the black off of the threads in what I thought was a fairly short amount of time. I gave him a second and he did the same thing to that one. I have to agree with Lou though, the plating options on the Baron are nice, love that sterling silver.

Christian

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by tone
<br />I'm sorry to hear about the threads wearing out on the Barons. I like the threads so much better than the JGII which like to unscrew themselves in my pocket. I haven't tried the o-rings yet.

Now I have a headache too!

I too like the Baron threads better, use one daily since May and the threads are still fine, no problems - never came un-done. On the other hand, I have a couple of shirts and a pair of pants with black stains from Gents Jr that came un-done. Will also try the o-rings on the remaining Gents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom