Desperate last minute help needed!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

drpelton

I was going to join Procrastinators Anonymous, but I keep putting it off...

I just received my order of Statesman pen kits from CSUSA and I realized that I don't have the pen mill shafts for these tubes. However, I am making one for Mothers Day (nothing like a last minute project that I've never before attempted!!)and don't have time to get one shipped to me (live in Germany). Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can succeed on this one? I have pen mill shafts up to 10mm. Thanks for any and all help and suggestions!

Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

Turn a slimline blank to the inside diameter of the statesman tube. You can then use this sleeve with your 7mm pen mill shaft.

photo2.jpg

alamocdc

Ditto, just turn your own using a hardwood, corian, or delrin. Drill a 1/4" hole through the material you'll use as a bushing. Put it on a 7mm mandrel and turn it down to the inside diameter of the statesman tube. Or, if you have the right sized drill bit, you can dril the hole to fit the 10mm pen mill shaft and turn it to the inside diameter on your drill press. I find the first method to be easier.

mdburn_em

I just have to ditto what everyone else said. I have so many odd sizes now I've started labeling the wood shafts with a marker. "Gent Cap". Then I coat it with CA and it's permanent. If I have time, I can experiment with different things I've wanted to try on my finishing.
Now instead if a mess, it's a mess with some organization.

drpelton

Thanks for all the suggestions, all! I really appreciate it! I am going to give this a try tonight. I'll post pictures when it's finished, probably after presentation, since it's supposed to be a surprise! Thanks again!

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom