Desk set suggestions wanted

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmartin

I have a customer who has bought several pens and even commissioned a furniture piece from me. He asked me today to make a desk set for his wife. She is a department head of a large bank.

I have never made a desk set.

Any ideas? Any pictures of desk sets you have made?

I've looked through the usual suppliers and searched the board library looking for ideas. I know he likes the white coconut pen. I'm not sure of the time frame. I told him I would look into it and get back to him with suggestions tomorrow.

For a bank setting, I was thinking a classic quality wood base with maybe a name plate, pen holder, and business card holder. Or maybe a clear casting with embeded coins or large bill.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Rmartin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Richard,

I made one for MY desk years ago. I still like it.

I used the Large bus card holders and two pen "cones". One WAS a fountain, the other the rollerball - they have transitioned to 2 rollerballs now, being somewhat redundant.

I think the card holder can substitute for an engraved name, since your business card will have your name, and is a convenient, removable reference for your visitors.

Mine is Rosewood. 11.5" x 4"

Just a starting point for you.[:D]

Rmartin

Frank, I like the $1000.00 bill idea, if you have any spare, could you send me a few? [:D]

Hey Ed, do you have a pic of your rosewood desk set? And, yes of course (slaps forhead), a name plate and card holder would be redudant. [:I] I have a block of Ancient Kauri wood with some nice grain and natural end bark. But really, no one would know (that's a lot of no's) it's history or value.

wood-of-1kind

Here are a few desk sets that I have put together. Perhaps they may inspire you to create a special set of your own. Good luck.
-Peter-[:)]

200771001755_set1.jpg
<br />
200771001815_set2.jpg
<br />
200771001840_set3.jpg
<br />
20077100190_set4.jpg
<br />

Milpaul

If you go to PSI or Craft Supplies website and search "desk set" you will get some good ideas. There are many add ons such as calculators, clocks, pen funnels and credit card holders available.

AFTim

See if you can get the member that made the shredded money pen to offer up a couple of blanks and maybe make a resin base out of the same.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
What about adding a touch of humour. Clear cast some Monopoly money for the pens and the holder. It would certainly be an ice breaker[:D]
It's always pretty nerve wracking when my bank manager calls me in[:(]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom