Desire pen kit tube sizes?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigNick73

I picked up some of the Desire kits from lazerlinez and since they don't have any extra tubes in stock, was hoping someone here could help me. The cap tube has a OD of .483" and an ID of .464". The barrel is OD .401" ID .380" I cant seem to be able to find a couple of sticks of this size tubing anywhere.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

And there were not tubes in with the other components???

yeah the kits came with 1 set each, I want some extras for when I inevitably have a blowout and ruin one.

Not that this has happened to me but in theory just put the tubes between centers when this happens and use your favorite tool to remove the material and adhesive off the tube. A little sandpaper and it's good as new.

Charlie_W

If you have a "blow out", simple turn all the wood/acrylic off the tube, sand and the tube is good to go again. I don't buy extra tubes other than a few nickel Sierra tubes just so I don't have to paint as many.

Some may buy extra tubes so they can make up blanks for the future with out spending for all the kits up front.

BigNick73

I checked WoodCraft, they are out of the precut ones as well.

I know I can just turn the material off if something happens but find it easier to have a few extra tubes on hand. Most of the time I'd rather spend the extra $1 to not have to clean both tubes up.

Top Bottom