Design suggestions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gofer

I need a little help from everyone. My wife's best friend asked me if I could make a pen and pencil set for her. She wants to give it to as a Christmas present for a family member who just graduated as a teacher.

There were only two requirements in the design, 1) Teacher theme & 2) Minnie Mouse

Materials and style are up to me as long as it is tastefully done. I had one suggestion of using various stamps and other items and then cast the tubes, but I have never casted and can't afford to set up for it at the moment. I have 2 sets of the Clicker kits from CSUSA that I could use for this or just buy new hardware if someone has an idea that requires a different kit.

Has anyone ever run into copyright issues when makeing a pen? That is the only concern I have about the Minnie Mouse requirement.

I welcome all comments and suggestions,

Bruce

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

My personal opinion is that you will never be on Disney's radar screen so I would go ahead and use it. You can buy all kinds of disney stickers and decals and they don't go around checking to see what you put them on.

I make a lot of cigar pens (that look like cigars) and put all kinds of cigar bands on them and have never had a problem. I even ran into the distributor of some brands at a cigar store event and showed him a couple pens with his labels on them. He thought they looked great and I've been making them for him to give as gifts and prizes since.

Gofer

Thanks Peter,

Good to know that not everyone will slap a lawsuit on a little guy. Nice job connecting with the rep for repeated sales.

I think that a painted tube with stickers cast in a clear resin is going to be my only option to make this happen.

Anyone that does casting interested in doing a couple custom tubes?

Bruce

sefali

You could also use a white blank (just about any solid color), overturn it a bit, put the stickers on, then CA over all of it. No casting involved.

Pens By Scott

Bruce,
Does it have to be Mini? Not sure if anyone here has heard of the "Hidden Mickey's" that can be found throughout the majority of Disney's Parks, hotels, resorts, animated movies, etc.
Not sure how you'd even do this, but carving a relief of Mini or the famous Mickey head and ears, into the blank, and fill it with either clear resin, or tons of CA glue. Could be a beautiful set, and quite the conversation piece?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_Mickey

Just my 2 Canadian cents worth...

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Teacher's Pen

Bruce,
Does it have to be Mini? Not sure if anyone here has heard of the "Hidden Mickey's" that can be found throughout the majority of Disney's Parks, hotels, resorts, animated movies, etc.
Not sure how you'd even do this, but carving a relief of Mini or the famous Mickey head and ears, into the blank, and fill it with either clear resin, or tons of CA glue. Could be a beautiful set, and quite the conversation piece?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_Mickey

Just my 2 Canadian cents worth...

Or maybe just start with a teacher's pen......

Crickett

Not sure if anyone here has heard of the "Hidden Mickey's" that can be found throughout the majority of Disney's Parks, hotels, resorts, animated movies, etc.

That wasn't the mickey I was thinking about when I read your reply :eek: ... I've heard Disneyland is the happiest place on Earth, I figured it was because behind every tree there was a hidden mickey of rum or vodka for a stressed parent!! :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Good luck with your dilemma Bruce.

Top Bottom