Design ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

I want to make a pen for a friend who is part Cherokee. What would be a good blank/design to use for a ball point pen. Probably something simple like a Sierra. I'm a newbie but I'm willing to try anything

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

The ossage orange idea is okay and has merit. I was hoping for something that when you look at the pen, you think native american. This lady is very proud of her heritage, she might appreciate the ossage orange. Hopefully someone will come up with a few additional ideas.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I think there is either someone here that sells segmented blanks that really look like Native American blankets, or even a tutorial in the library??
You could also get hold of Jeff Powell ( Workinforwood) and get him to scroll / cast you a blank or two. I'm certain he has done an Indian themed blank.

sekach

What about having someing pour a lable blank with something that is a symbol of their tribe? I just did a quick search and found a statue of an "End of the Trail" figure of a Cherokee indian sitting on horseback. I am not sure if this instills pride in all Cherokee Indians but it would be relatively easy to do....and there are a number of folks that would probably do it for you pretty cheap....

PR_Princess

I think her grandmother is full Cherokee.

BTW....we do the Trail of Tears motorcycle ride every year. That is an awesome event

Did "we" include your friend???? If so what about something from that ride? Some landmark, or story perhaps? Something that you shared.

Blanket designs are fine in the generic sense, but these designs do have meaning and are very specific to every Indian Nation....

Best advise, be observant. What stories has she told you of her tribe, her clan, her history? Look around her house. Is there something there that you can get inspiration from? Failing that, look to the myths, legends and symbols of the Cherokee. (There are several) Maybe you can find something that resonates. Perhaps laser engrave the flag of the Cherokee Nation, on the wood and in the colors of her clan?? Maybe take her favourite Cherokee saying, or quote from a famous chief and have it in engraved in the Cherokee language??

What ever you choose, try to make it specific to her and her connection to her honorable heritage.

Top Bottom