Design Change on Jr.Gent Coupling

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philb

Hi,

Just received a new order of Jr.Gent II kits, and noticed that the design for the threaded black part of the cap has changed.
Seen a few people bringing up problems or concerns with the thread coming loose and either moving up the cap or breaking. The newer design is much longer and will give more surface contact inside the tube, so a bigger surface for all those who use an adhesive to secure the part.

Also the thread on all the parts has changed. It appears to be a coarser thread, and when testing the parts requires less turns to fully thread the cap.

I'll try an get some comparison pics if anyone's interested!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Phil,
Speaking only for ME, I'd be very pleased to see evaluations of ANY products---best way to learn what works and what has "issues"!!

SteveG

The new design is much better and fixes the flaw. I have been in the habit of offering to customers the switch of a Jr Gent from FP to RB on the spot. Sometimes they liked the idea so much they purchased the alternate hardware and went away with a convertible pen:biggrin: The two designs are not interchangeable. So with this design change, we need to stay aware of the incompatibility, and have both old and new design available until all old design is gone from the inventory.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
yes! Phil: I would like very much to see some pics. Thanks you for offering!

Hi,

Just received a new order of Jr.Gent II kits, and noticed that the design for the threaded black part of the cap has changed.
Seen a few people bringing up problems or concerns with the thread coming loose and either moving up the cap or breaking. The newer design is much longer and will give more surface contact inside the tube, so a bigger surface for all those who use an adhesive to secure the part.

Also the thread on all the parts has changed. It appears to be a coarser thread, and when testing the parts requires less turns to fully thread the cap.

I'll try an get some comparison pics if anyone's interested!

philb

The new design is much better and fixes the flaw. I have been in the habit of offering to customers the switch of a Jr Gent from FP to RB on the spot. Sometimes they liked the idea so much they purchased the alternate hardware and went away with a convertible pen:biggrin: The two designs are not interchangeable. So with this design change, we need to stay aware of the incompatibility, and have both old and new design available until all old design is gone from the inventory.

Oh yeh definitely not interchangeable!! Forgot to say that!!

Top Bottom