Delta Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

I just wanted to let people know that they should buy the new Delta lathe. I had a chance yesterday to play with one rather in depth at the local Woodcraft, and it's just a sweet all around lathe.

I could not stall it at the low end of the variable speed, which is unusual for VS lathes. It is also about 100x quieter than my JET 1220 was. The fit and finish was top notch. The belt change was about as easy as any lathe I've seen. The only complaint I had about it was that the indexing pin was in a painful place to get to if you have fat fingers like I do, but I don't use an indexing pin that often anyway.

My local Woodcraft has a sale this saturday, 10% off of Delta/PC tools, and the lathe is included, so you'd save taxes plus a little gas money probably.

I was one of the people wondering if it was really worth the $599.99 price tag, but I have to tell you that it's a nice piece of machinery for that price. I'd buy one this weekend if I had $550 to spare.

Bree

I just wanted to let people know that they should buy the new Delta lathe. I had a chance yesterday to play with one rather in depth at the local Woodcraft, and it's just a sweet all around lathe.

I could not stall it at the low end of the variable speed, which is unusual for VS lathes. It is also about 100x quieter than my JET 1220 was. The fit and finish was top notch. The belt change was about as easy as any lathe I've seen. The only complaint I had about it was that the indexing pin was in a painful place to get to if you have fat fingers like I do, but I don't use an indexing pin that often anyway.

My local Woodcraft has a sale this saturday, 10% off of Delta/PC tools, and the lathe is included, so you'd save taxes plus a little gas money probably.

I was one of the people wondering if it was really worth the $599.99 price tag, but I have to tell you that it's a nice piece of machinery for that price. I'd buy one this weekend if I had $550 to spare.

I have been turning on the 46-460 for a couple of months now and I think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Friends who come over and try it think the same thing.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

JAB1

Excellent machine

I just bought this machine......SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET....quiet, smooth operation....accurate right-on centers....heavy, solid cast iron....very nice features....variable speed is excellent.....

So far, I recommend this machine highly.....Allan

Top Bottom