Delivery speed or lack thereof

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

papNal

I haven't had a chance to order many goodies lately so I don't know if its me or just a one time happening,but an order I placed with PSI took a looong time to come,almost 3 weeks,is this normal?Anyhow I'm using folks on forum when I can now. Was just curious.pap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

I just got an order from them , it took about a week which is about avg for them to me . CSUSA usually takes a little longer and woodpenpro , who is in Hawaii , usually takes about 3 days .... go figure .

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I just got an order from them , it took about a week which is about avg for them to me . CSUSA usually takes a little longer and woodpenpro , who is in Hawaii , usually takes about 3 days .... go figure .

Every order I've ever got from LauLau ( also Hawaii ) has got here in 4-5 days tops. CSUSA normally around 10 -15. Ernie at BTW is also very quick at max 7 days.

However, perhaps the difference is the packing. The quick ones have always come in a flat rate box inside an envelope, while CSUSA always seem to use a large empty box full of bubble wrap.:confused:

JerrySambrook

Butch,
Like you, I live on the otherside of the comtinent from Woodpenpro, and am duly amazed by the speed of the service and the delivery time.

On the other hand, I do not have any complaints about PSI either.

Just wondering if it might be due to vacation time for most of un in the US happens around this time.

p.s. Arizona is also very fast good service as well

Jerry

ldb2000

I think due to the size of companies like PSI and CSUSA and the amount of orders they receive , it is to be expected that their delivery time will be longer than companies like woodpenpro and BTW and AS .

tim self

When I order from CS, it's usually within 4 days. OTOH, it sometimes takes 7 days to get a letter form OKC, 125 miles away. AS is always 2-3 days.

Lenny

I've noticed PSI takes a long time to proccess the order. I've found orders from CSUSA actually ship faster if I choose USPS instead of UPS. Woodenpen is usually very fast (and the furthest away). Berea, Wood n Whimsies and Bear Tooth Woods were all the fastest of them all, at least for me!

traderdon55

Wood-N-Whimsies has the fastest shipping and best service of any company I have dealt with. They usually ship your order the day after they get it. The last order I made with them I needed in a hurry. I called them on Tuesday and told them I needed the order as soon as possible and why. Tim said they would put a rush on it. Needless to say they shipped the order that day and I had it Thursday. You just can't beat that kind of service.

jkeithrussell

I order from PSI, CSUSA, AS, and others all the time and have never experienced any shipping delays. 90% or more of the time I have my package in 2 or 3 days. Just make sure that you select USPS delivery. If you are having your order shipped by UPS, the delay is your fault, not the retailer's.

rjwolfe3

Unless they changed it, you didn't have an option on shipping with PSI and CSUSA. And they are a lot of things like finishes that can't be shipped USPS so you have to go with the dreaded UPS.

Rifleman1776

traderjon, when placing small orders with CS, you must specifically ask for cheapest. Then they will send by mail at less cost. Their system is geared for UPS otherwise.
The USPS is making changes that are not user friendly. It seems that they are deliberately slowing down handling of Priority Mail. An important document I sent to my daughter in Colorado Springs, from here in Arkansas, in a flat rate envelope was actually held in the P.O. facility in CS for three days before they delivered it. When I called to complain I was told that Priority Mail is not guaranteed speedy delivery and for that one must buy Express or something else. And, do check out Parcel Post rates, they now appear to be higher than Priority Mail. Meaning that the P.O. has sneaked in a rate increase without actually calling it a rate increase.
I think we are pretty helpless with this situation. Only answer is to not run out of what you need and order well in advance. BTW, the PSI experience seems to me to be an anomaly, not the usual. I get good service from all the vendors I deal with, including PSI.

traderdon55

Frank,it may just be the rep I talked to but I was informed that they did not ship USPS and that UPS was my only option. The only way I buy from them now is to buy a few things when a friend of mine is ordering and we buy enough together to get free shipping.

JimB

The way I see it is that if I'm not paying for extra fast delivery I expect my packages in about a week. CSUSA and PSI both deliver in about a week. BTW and Monty are in about 3 days.

I don't see any reason to stop doing business with a vendor just becuase the package takes a week. I just plan on it taking that long and make sure my supplies don't run out.

Top Bottom