Deer antler pen blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firebucket53

A friend of mine gave me some free pen blanks. I look forward to turning them.

Attachments

• 20170702_163411-2656x1494.jpg
    20170702_163411-2656x1494.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 207
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

Nice friend! I had a friend do the same for me, I made him a pen, suddenly I had more friends ;). I prefer to turn them round before drilling, have been able to get some slimlines out of pretty thin pieces. Have fun and good luck!

Herb G

Judging by the current market prices of antlers, you have a bucket full of gold there. :)
I was trying to get some antlers to make a custom desk set for my wife & the prices were so high, they gave me a nosebleed. :doctor:

I only wanted some smaller pieces to make the pen holders from, but when I saw what people were asking for the antlers, I gave up.

menglor

I hear turning Antler is like turning Death.

not just from the smell (which has been described as burning fingernails" but that Some antlers have a blood virus that releases as airborne when you turn it.

Not sure how true this is, so take it with a grain of salt, but do research and as previously mentioned. wear a mask

Marmotjr

Judging by the current market prices of antlers, you have a bucket full of gold there. :)
I was trying to get some antlers to make a custom desk set for my wife & the prices were so high, they gave me a nosebleed. :doctor:

I only wanted some smaller pieces to make the pen holders from, but when I saw what people were asking for the antlers, I gave up.

I guess it depends on where you live. Around here, Most of my buddies that go hunting just give the antlers to the dogs for chew toys. I have been offered more antlers for free than I know what to do with.

Top Bottom