Deer Antler Bolt Action Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Papazis

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

It's wierd seeing the clip but not the rest of the "Deer Hunter" style bolt action pen from PSI .... I like the base relief deer motive on the bullet section.

Still looks good .... good fit and finish! :)

VE5MDH

Yes, welcome to this forum! Wonderful folks here. I agree with the others... Wonderful looking pen, great finish too. Keep up the fine craft work.

Now that's what I hope to accomplish tomorrow! Have 10 tubes glued in to various antlers (Deer, Elk, Prong Horn), just have to barrel trim them and turn them later tomorrow morning. I'll let Andrea play around with the finishing of the pens on her lathe.

Skie_M

Yes, welcome to this forum! Wonderful folks here. I agree with the others... Wonderful looking pen, great finish too. Keep up the fine craft work.

Now that's what I hope to accomplish tomorrow! Have 10 tubes glued in to various antlers (Deer, Elk, Prong Horn), just have to barrel trim them and turn them later tomorrow morning. I'll let Andrea play around with the finishing of the pens on her lathe.

Make sure you seal them before applying your finish, to make sure you don't get sanding dust caught in the pith (marrow) of your antlers! It's just a few applications of thin CA to fill in the holes so that the dust can't get in while you sand. :)

qquake

Very nice! Is that a PSI kit? The kit I used has the relief on the lower section.

Attachments

• 096.jpg
    096.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 918
  • 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 515
Top Bottom