Deer Antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gentleben

I read something the other day on straighting deer antler and can not remember what was said. Proably due to old age, Can anyone help me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gentleben

Thanks Dave and Darrenjhttu for your help. It was much welcomed.

Dario,
For the most part woodturners are very helpful and considerate people, but your sarcastic answer to my question has blemished the good reputation of woodturners everywhere.

Dario

David,

If you took my comment that way then you are totally entitled to it.

I am serious about learning the search feature and posting on the right forum. It really is meant to help but you can either take it or leave it, up to you.

altaciii

I've turned lots of antler but have never found the need to straighten one out. Then again I don't have a shortage of antler in South Texas. But,finding the right piece, if curved, and manipulating a straight line thru it will often bring some really neat finished pen blanks. Lots of times the hard antler outside will be present and adds a lot of character to the pen.[8]

rlharding

I thought this was going to be a group buy for antler. It would help if you placed your question in the appropriate section. Someone who may be able to answer your question will not be necessarily looking in the 'group buy' section. And as I said, I thought this was a post about a buy on Antlers. There have been a mountain of discussions about antler, there is even an article in the library.

Dario is correct in what he said and if it wasn't him, someone else would have chirped up the same response.

Rifleman1776

Dario

Frank,

To avoid timeout, I usually just search the past couple of weeks and extend it further back only if I don't find what I need.

I also just use the "standard" search.

BTW, Thank you Curtis for moving this thread to the proper forum.

Rmartin

Search is a wonderful feature on this forum. One can probably find every question about penturning already answered. So why don't we close the active forum and just have people use the search feature? But then what would the people who complain about someone asking a question that's already been asked do? Maybe they could hang out with those who complain about posts with misspelled words.

fernhills

Originally posted by rlharding

I thought this was going to be a group buy for antler. It would help if you placed your question in the appropriate section. Someone who may be able to answer your question will not be necessarily looking in the 'group buy' section. And as I said, I thought this was a post about a buy on Antlers. There have been a mountain of discussions about antler, there is even an article in the library.

Dario is correct in what he said and if it wasn't him, someone else would have chirped up the same response.
Hi, i beleive he is in pen turning and not Group Buy.
He only has 11 posts,half probaly used to say hello.Man are we ever crabby this morning..Totally uncalled for.. Carl

Dario

Originally posted by Rmartin

So why don't we close the active forum and just have people use the search feature? But then what would the people who complain about someone asking a question that's already been asked do? Maybe they could hang out with those who complain about posts with misspelled words.

Richard,

This is a sarcastic response and an attack the way I see it.

FYI, No one is complaining about someone asking questions. I am just trying to "educate" and "encourage" people to learn and use the search feature. Problem is, some people are sometimes very touchy and cannot see past their nose. They were offended and that is all they see.

I am probably among those who answered the most questions here too (most are already asked countless times before) so please do not judge me. I do not profess to be the best because I am not and far from being one...but I put my drop in the bucket when it is needed.

And yes, I am VERY proud to hang with my friend, William Cavanaugh.

Dario

Originally posted by fernhills

Hi, i beleive he is in pen turning and not Group Buy.
He only has 11 posts,half probaly used to say hello.Man are we ever crabby this morning..Totally uncalled for.. Carl

The post was moved by a moderator...it was originally in the "Group Buy" section.

Top Bottom