Decisions .... Decisions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRP460

I'm stocking up on kits from various sources, but need to be mindful of keeping the total number of types within reason.

My wife and daughter prefer the streamline to the slim.
I also prefer something a little larger to show off the blanks.

I have noticed that quite a few here do comfort pens and leave off the rubber.

I have not done a comfort. Size wise, where does this fit in?
Is the comfort larger than a slim but smaller than a streamline?

For those that do the comfort.... is it more popular than a slim or streamline??

Dale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

I offer both pens, but DEFINITELY prefer the streamlines (especially the flat top).

The streamlines seem to sell a bit better, I'd have to guess b/c the center band is more purdy.

Both the comfort and the streamline have a nice feel in the hand. I believe the comfort pen is a tad larger but not by much. Basically it's just the center band that makes it different than the streamlines.

The comfort pen is a nice alternative to the twiggy slimline.

Roy99664

The Streamline is about the same diameter as the Comfort and about 1/4" longer. I believe the Comfort is available in more plating options.

Rmartin

I make the Streamline, but haven't tried the comfort. I like the streamline as a mid-sized pen. Somewhere between the slim and cigar, although I would prefer to find a mid-sized kit which uses the 'parker' style refill. I did make the Elegant American for a while. Overcame the problems with the twist action, but I just don't like the design of the center band. If they ever improve on that, it will become my favorite pen kit.

GBusardo

Dale, If you decide to go the comfort route, check out. They have what they call the forman pen, its a comfort with out the rubber and it costs less. They also have Black TI for 2.25 a kit. I have ordered them and the kits are very nice.

http://www.woodpenpro.com/category.html?UCIDs=1277712

I know they are in Hawaii, but the service is quick. And I live in NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom