Decals

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rogerwaskow

Hi all

I have read that people on here use decals on their brass tubes. I have spoken to my sticker supplier but he is unable to supply them to me. What exactly are decals. Do you use water to transfer them from the paper onto the brass tubes as I wish to find a supplier here in Australia. I really look forward to hearing from you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

navycop

Hi all

I have read that people on here use decals on their brass tubes. I have spoken to my sticker supplier but he is unable to supply them to me. What exactly are decals. Do you use water to transfer them from the paper onto the brass tubes as I wish to find a supplier here in Australia. I really look forward to hearing from you.
Yes. You print them on your printer then apply them to the brass tube. Be sure to paint the tube with a contrasting color. That way the brass won't show through.

firewhatfire

I use waterslide decal paper. It is the stuff used by model car builders. If you cant find it locally www.decalpaper.com has it. I am not sure if it is what your looking for but here is a pic of one of my latest.
castpens006.jpg

ctubbs

Usually decals go on the turned blank and some type of sticker/label is applied to the brass tube. Not both on the same tube. The decal is transparent and allows the background to show through whereas the label is opaque and will hide the tube. The label applied to the tube is then cast in clear PR allowing the printed image to show through. Two entirely different processes.
Charles

navycop

Usually decals go on the turned blank and some type of sticker/label is applied to the brass tube. Not both on the same tube. The decal is transparent and allows the background to show through whereas the label is opaque and will hide the tube. The label applied to the tube is then cast in clear PR allowing the printed image to show through. Two entirely different processes.
Charles
You are correct. It was 2am when I answered that and got all mixed up. Hope I didn't confuse the original poster?

Top Bottom