Decals

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kenlholley

I am trying to apply decals to acrylics and am having trouble with the decals showing. The edges are good, they cover with ca fine. The problem is the decal seems to not "seal" completely to the blank. It is always visible, especially on darker blanks. I let the decals dry at least a day before I even think of finishing them, but they still show. Any ideas?

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I heard some use fingernail decals....there less or no transparent material.

kenlholley

Got the setting solution today and it works great. Decal backing is almost completely invisible. Thanks so much for the information. You all are the best.

Hal9000

Hi all, this is my first post so here goes.
I use inkjet decal paper that needs to be sealed with acrylic lacquer. Will Micro Sol cure this problem if decals have been lacquered?

Si90

There are 2 version of the decal solution, Micro Set and Micro Sol. For best results you should use both although I don't know if it is as effective on acrylic as on a painted surface. You use one to prepare the surface so it goes on before the decal. The second goes on top of the decal. Be careful as it makes the decals very soft and easily damaged. On a painted surface once dry you cannot feel the decal, it becomes almost part of the paint and there is no silvering around the edges.

kenlholley

That is exactly what I do. I print the decals with an ink jet printer. After they dry I spray them with a clear laquer. after that dries, 24 hours is how long I wait, the decals are ready and the Micro Sol worked great. Best $4.00 I've spent in a long time.

Hal9000

That is exactly what I do. I print the decals with an ink jet printer. After they dry I spray them with a clear laquer. after that dries, 24 hours is how long I wait, the decals are ready and the Micro Sol worked great. Best $4.00 I've spent in a long time.

Thanks Ken, that's what I was hoping to hear.

Top Bottom