Decal Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pjohnson

I purchased clear water slide decals a while back and have been disappointed with the result. The color of the decal tends to be lost in the color of the blank.

Are folks using the clear or white backing?

If you are not using the water slide is there a particular avery style you are using, or would any avery work?

Many thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wouldentu2?

I use Maple a lot and if the decal is round I use white decal paper and cut it out with a die cutter from the paper store.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Unfortunately, we only have two, to choose from. Clear & white as you already know this. Using clear on a colored blank, the decal color will be compromised. All you can do is choose your blank color and, make your choice which decal to use. Some guys have found a use for stickers (I think)

Dick Mahany

It depends. I tried both clear and white water slide papers. On my last attempt, I wound up using white because the US Naval seal that I was printing needed a fair amount of white background to show properly. It came out fine whereas the clear just didn't cut it in that instance. On the same pen, the name that I was personalizing, worked great on the clear!

One more example of how there are no "absolute" right ways to do anything. Good luck with your endeavors.

Last edited:

sbwertz

I did this one with a holographic sticker many years ago. It took a lot of layers of CA/BLO to cover the edges so you couldn't feel them, but the little girl I made it for loved it.

IMG_2296.JPG

Top Bottom