Dead center 60 degree

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

endacoz

am I missing something? I can't seem to locate the dead center on Penn State's website. Woodturningz and chefware have them.... Does penn state call them something else? I was looking to get a live Center and a dead center so that I can turn between centers on my second lathe and make use of a 10% discount at Penn State right now

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
They don't seem to have one listed on their website or in their catalog. You could call them to check for sure.

philipff

Make one out of wood!! I do it all the time and it takes no time at all. Just measure a MT2 at both ends and leave some head room for the opposite taper for the pen blanks.

longbeard

PSI have the live centers but never the dead/drive centers. Woodturningz, Wood-N-Whimsies has both and are PSI resellers.

Harry

dankc908

I have one like this wish had bought one with carbide tip!

Grizzly.com

Grizzly.com

Went looking for Johnny CNC site could not find it in the vendors section he sold carbide tip version.

I don't think Johnny CNC is making anything for turners any longer. He is out of most, if not all, bushings, etc. This is disappointing to me as his products were always "a cut above the rest".

Wildman

Went back and found him today. See still has bushings, can only guess not worth it for him to mess around with the other stuff. Think he has the best video on measuring run out on a lathe ever saw.

Penturners Products!

Just because PSI does not have an item you need don't be afraid to check with other vendors. Lot of woodturning vendors dropped dead centers from their inventories.

Initially bought my dead center to check head-tail stock alignment, at the time had a lathe with rotating headstock. You can actually use it for checking alignment on any lathe. TBC, not the only thing can use a dead center for if know their limitations.

Many folks here with mini lathes bought dead center from Little Machine Shop years ago too!

Dead Center, 2MT 1890 - LittleMachineShop.com

Top Bottom