Dario's Buckeye Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerGarrett

A couple of months ago I got in on Dario's Chef's special - and sent an extra $20 for some guaranteed nice wood ;)

I'm finally getting around to turning the amazing looking buckeye burl he sent. I'll have a new Black Titanium Sierra to take a picture of soon - but I have a feeling the buckeye will be really pretty. By the way - the nice length of the blank he sent gave me a Sierra blank and enough left over for a full size pen. If you have the opportunity to get in on that Chef's special - give him a yell - the wood is primo.

The White Oak Burl I sold shorts of two weeks ago is stunning. I wish I hadn't sold those darn shorts. David, Roy, Ken, and Chuck got some nice wood:(

The guy who let me at the trees with the burls got a Sierra today. He turned around and handed me two more large burls from the same tree and said he cut them out before turning the log to mulch. He's keeping an eye out for me. I love guys like that. BTW - he can't believe the wood could look that good - afterall - he's been cutting it up for years. If I can get Dario to send me his snail mail again -I'll send him a few blanks of the stuff.

Best,
Roger Garrett

Pictures to follow soon - if they look ok.

Dario

Thanks Roger,

You won't believe this but we had a lot of cut-offs from those buckeye and don't know what to do with them. LOML decided to post them on eBay...roughly making each lot enough to make 16+ pens. It just went crazy because those scraps sold more than I would sell the good ones to you guys!!! [:0][:0][:0] Of course I am not complaining, just amazed.

Thank you for the thought and offer but I don't want to burden you with the postage etc. I feel good hearing about your generousity though [:)]...noted too [;)]. I also have some oak burl (both Live oak and Red Oak) here...not being a snob just practical. If you will offer it to new members who need it more...that would be much more appreciated.

Looking forward seeing the pen!

OKLAHOMAN

Roger here is a pen I turned from that box of shorts . Well worth the money and I'm sorry[:(][:(] your sorry[:(]

200662033229_DSCF0001.jpg
<br /> you sold it to me LOL[:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom