Damn, do you ever have the golden touch?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Quality Pen

Well tonight I had the opposite of that!

Went to finish something and just about did then noticed a nice low grit radial sand... redid the finish... still not good... couldn't get the Novus out then I squirted it right onto the lathe and over in front of the door... said forget it it's after 1AM and I gotta wake up in a few hours...:confused: :coffee:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

At least you knew to leave....

I thought by working it harder, doing other things, and still end up hopelessly in failure...which makes ya wanna try harder and screw up more(never ending cycle).

Scott (no scare, but it was close) B

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I made a pen for a couple who traded some pen making supplies for it. After I received their package, I found inside a penlight and, a note pad:redface: I must have missed some of those scratches. But....it got my attention. :wink: New glasses helped. :biggrin:

TonyL

Sorry to hear about your experience with the pen. However, I struggled with that Novus bottle. I use Meguiars 101 and 102, but bought Novus 2 to check it out. I have applied more of it to my lathe, then any pens. I move a small qty to a small shampoo bottle with a different dispenser than the Novus 2 style.

triw51

Sometimes it just pays to put the pen away and do something else, like get a good nights sleep, watch a movie or make something else totally different. That helps me when I get in a situation like the one you were in.

Quality Pen

Ok Bobby, you are ready. Time to dump the sandpaper and get some abranet. No more scratches.
Only abranet and micromesh...

I even got NEW micromesh out when I redid it...

after some sleep and a moment away I am ready again :biggrin:

Thank you all for the words of encouragement and camaraderie!

Top Bottom