CYBER MONDAY

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

guymueller

Looking for sales on pens,bottle stoppers, grinders, stabilizing, casting, vacuum chamber/pump materials. Has anybody found any good sales?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Peachtree 15% off and free shipping over $25 with code CYBR16

Rockler has some decent deals but just scored two great deals IMO.

25-Piece Offset Ratcheting Screwdriver Set With Free $20 Gift Card | Rockler Woodworking and Hardware

Dust Right[emoji768] Lathe Dust Collection System with FREE $25 Gift Card | Rockler Woodworking and Hardware

Free shipping over $35 too.

Dust right is tempting. Need to figure out modification for tbc though

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Cmiles1985

Peachtree 15% off and free shipping over $25 with code CYBR16

Rockler has some decent deals but just scored two great deals IMO.

25-Piece Offset Ratcheting Screwdriver Set With Free $20 Gift Card | Rockler Woodworking and Hardware

Dust Right[emoji768] Lathe Dust Collection System with FREE $25 Gift Card | Rockler Woodworking and Hardware

Free shipping over $35 too.

Dust right is tempting. Need to figure out modification for tbc though

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

I was just looking at the same thing...

keithncsu

Maybe not the best place for this but we shall see. The NOVA G3 chuck that Woodcraft has on sale right now for $150 with additional jaws. Is it a good deal? And what would I be able to do with it? Right now I'm a mandrel turner only. Will I need other items as well?? Looking to do a small bowl or shaving brushes etc. Just trying to branch out a little at a time. Still a rookie asking rookie questions...

stuckinohio

This is the wrong place for this, but here's the answer anyways!

This will be perfect for small bowl work. You could do shaving brushes (I make them also) but the way I do it you'll need either an expanding collet set to insert into the knot hole you drill, or a jaw set that will expand and grab the hole. The pin jaw set may work for that, depending on the outer dimensions of the jaw set and if they will fit in the knot hole.

Basically I think a chuck is a "must have" tool for anyone who works on the lathe. I'm thinking about buying one and keeping it back for my son when he gets a lathe, or a spare for me!

Lewis

TonyL

The WC rep will tell you which insert to buy (1 and 1/8 or something like that). I think the same flyer has a coupon for $10 off of $25 which you can use to buy the insert or the pen jaws. You will also need pen jaws. It's a nice set-up and I think is a good deal assuming you use what it includes.

I am likely to buy another set.

Top Bottom