Cute but not functional pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

secord

I had been using my drill press to assemble my pens, but decided that I would use a Pony bar clamp with wood faces. I had always been concerned about inserting the twist mechanism to far in with the drill press besides I wanted to free up the drill press for drilling. My procedure was to press the tip into the lower body, then inserting the cap and clip into the upper body, then adjusting the table to insert the twist mechanism into the lower body.
Using my new setup with the bar clamp I inserted the tip into the lower body, picked up the cap and clip to insert to the upper body. I then picked up a body to do the cap and clip. Everything is working great (so I thought). "Dang", well that was not quite the word I used. I had inserted the cap and clip onto the lower body. I was a cute little stubby pen but not very functional. I did manage to salvage most everything taking it off, the clip got bent but I did have some extra ones.
I should have taken a picture of the pen before I took the cap off.:biggrin:

secord

Perhaps you are right. No one heard me utter a cuss word then later laugh at myself. So it did not happen. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom