cut tubes too short... need advice...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avalon

making some cigar pens.. and i seem to have cut the tubes too short, but found this out after i had assembled the pens... bout 3/16ths i would guess...

cause thats about the size of the gap between the cap (the black center band) and the pen body.

didnt know if you could trim the clip bushing or the base of the cap screw threads inside the clip bushing. or ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

How many pens are we talking about? :-(

I think you'll prob have to redo the cap peice or turn a little peice that would look good to put between as like a spacer / extra center band.

jfoh

Looks like a oops band is needed. You could cut the blank back 1/4" down to the tube and add a 1/2' contrasting wood band with a metal tube glued in 1/4" the way in the ops band. Glue this onto the blank and turn to size and finish. If you want to be fancy you do this is a nice contrasting wood and repeat on both ends. Trim back to proper length.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Super glue another piece of tube in the end where the tube is short. When it has completely cured, cut off the excess with a jeweler's saw or coping saw. Use a dowel with sand paper wrapped around it to smooth any roughness. This trick also works when you get a tube in half way and it sticks.
WB

Top Bottom