Customers loosing springs!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rangertrek

I have had several customers in the last two weeks call for a repair because they have lost springs. Two were Barons, one a Majestic. Probably made over 500 rollerballs in the last few years and never needed a replacement spring.

Also had to fix two Vertex clicks because of drops (plastic plunger breaks).

I have never tried to "affix" a spring in the barrel. Thinking of some ideas to put them in permanently. Play dough, epoxy at bottom, etc.

Anyone with experience or a good solution? :confused:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

One nice QTip full of 5 minute epoxy will put the spring where it belongs, permanently. I'd discourage using CA, as it has been know to damage the plated parts when it is used in direct contact with said parts.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Several of the vendors, Indy, Greenwald, Exotics have a replacement spring that will fit into the recess in the back of the refill fairly tightly. They are not very expensive. Sell them a new one.

Rangertrek

Mike, I would normally sell the replacement; but, these customers have bought multiple pens from me. So, this one will be a freeby.!

Several of the vendors, Indy, Greenwald, Exotics have a replacement spring that will fit into the recess in the back of the refill fairly tightly. They are not very expensive. Sell them a new one.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I have had several customers in the last two weeks call for a repair because they have lost springs. Two were Barons, one a Majestic. Probably made over 500 rollerballs in the last few years and never needed a replacement spring.

Also had to fix two Vertex clicks because of drops (plastic plunger breaks).

I have never tried to "affix" a spring in the barrel. Thinking of some ideas to put them in permanently. Play dough, epoxy at bottom, etc.

Anyone with experience or a good solution? :confused:
Based on what you said I'd just buy a few springs and replace them when they get lost. Include in your instructions to the customer to be careful when they replace the refill.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I look at a free replacement spring as a cheap marketing tool. Replace it for free, but be sure to get info about the pen... They like it enough to replace the ink, there's a good chance for a repeat sell for another pen!

Top Bottom