Customer request for .9mm pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SkewedUp

I need to see if I can find a .9mm pencil kit. Does anyone make a kit for .9 mm lead?

Sorry if this has been discussed previously, but I tried the search function with no luck. :frown:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SkewedUp

Thanks

Thanks Dean, but I was hoping to find out if there is any pen kit available for .9MM lead pencil.

I will look into the pentel, but how do you get the components? Do you have to buy a pentel pencil and dis-assemble it?

Another problem with the pentel is that I need to make a matching pen/pencil set for this customer.

cnirenberg

Doug,
That's exactly what you do. To disassemble the Pentel just unscrew the tip, the rest falls out. All you have to do is turn the outside and insert guts. I think Rick Herrell (Rherrell) supplies the step drill and mandrel. See the individual classifieds.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Thanks Dean, but I was hoping to find out if there is any pen kit available for .9MM lead pencil.

I will look into the pentel, but how do you get the components? Do you have to buy a pentel pencil and dis-assemble it?

Another problem with the pentel is that I need to make a matching pen/pencil set for this customer.

I don't know of any other .9 kit... maybe someone else will correct that.

As for matching.. Some of the chrome slimlines look VERY close to the pentel setup (which is chrome) and with the same body would make a good looking match.

SkewedUp

Thanks for the responses all. I will look into the pentel option.

Bob - LOL. That made me smile :) That is on my list of things to do someday also - a pistol pen.

SkewedUp

Here is my prototype

Thanks guys. Here is my prototype. Harder than I thought it would be, but it is done. Now I need to find someplace that can supply me with the pen parts I need - I had to scrounge from a couple different kits to get this one done.

Attachments

• Pentel3.JPG
    Pentel3.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 228

SkewedUp

Thanks Don! I did not like the look of the bare wood on the clip end and I don't care much for the Pentel clip so I scrounged around through some spare kits to get some parts that would work.

Top Bottom