Customer How To

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

Does anyone have any examples of instructions one might give people on how to change the refill on a pen or to add lead to a pencil? I am thinking of a handout rather then a video since most of my customers are out of state.

I had two slimline pencils returned both with broken mechanisms and I am assuming that the customer attempted to take them apart for some reason.:eek: It appears that the mechanism got stuck on the inside lip of the brass center band and came apart. I can replace the refill mechanism but am concerned about the possibility of this happening again. I am thinking of running a drill down and removing the lip to keep it from coming apart again.

Feel free to email me any examples if you don't want to post them here.

TIA:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ngeb528

I show the customer how to change the refill and give them a little sheet that specifies if it's a cross or parker type refill.

ngeb528

You could take some pictures of the process and put them together on an instruction sheet. I did that to show the pen turning processes at shows. It's a collage of pictures with a description of what's being shown.

Might work for those out-of-state customers.

jkeithrussell

"To change the ink refill, twist the upper barrel to the right to fully expose the writing tip, and continue with a smooth twisting motion until the pen blanks separate. Unscrew the ink refill from the silver transmission, and replace with a Cross refill."

Just add something like that to your normal information about the pen. Maybe also say "call if you have questions."

There are some people who will break it no matter what you tell/show them.

mrcook4570

Regarding the slimline pencils with broken mechanisms, I'm not surprised. I have yet to see a good quality slimline pencil. All of those mechs. are junk.

Rangertrek

Slim Pncl

A co-worker wanted a slimline pencil. He uses it every day. Within a month the mechanism jammed. He did not abuse the pencil, he is a long time pentel user. I have now replaced this pencil 2 times!

I have had 2 other pencils go bad. This is the reason I do not do slimline pencils anylonger. The guts are just junk!

I had rather make a pentel conversion for a person if possible. I have yet to find a decent pencil kit.

Top Bottom