Custom Yafa Cartridge Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BarrierBob

Has anyone tried to customize the YAFA cartridge rollerball pen? I would like to replace the lower portion of the pen with wood or acrylic of my choice.I had a customer ask me about this pen, so I purchased them from passion4pens.com. I think I have properly measured the threads as 8mm, but I really don't know about the number and pitch of the threads. A metric pitch gauge seems to measure .65 mm thread pitch. Has anyone tried this? Where would be a good source for the tap? Once I figure out the exact size and threads.
http://www.passion4pens.com/site/735447/product/137-9787784

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Can't comment as I haven't seen any of these pens personally. Be sure to check if the threads are single or multi start threads. A single start tap and die may be available, but if it is a multi start it will cost mucho dinero to have a set made.

BarrierBob

Mannie, thanks for the reply. I'll check to see if it's multi start or not. I won't pay the price for a custom made tap just for this simple change-over. I'll post if I ever get this worked out. I like the challenge, but time is too short in the shop now.

Top Bottom