Custom order - need help with materials

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

omb76

Hi guys,

I have a customer who wants either a rollerball or fountain pen made from BOW with a Christian Fish clip. The closest thing I've been able to come up with would be a Designer Fountain Pen from PSI with a clip from CSUA.

Question 1: Does anyone know if this combo would be compatiable with eachother?

Question 2: Does anyone know of any other options?? I would really like to use a Jr. Gentlemen pen kit instead, but can't find the appropriate clip.

I'm open to ideas if you have them.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Or maybe you could sell him on this from kallenshaanwoods.com.
FishCh1o.jpg

DurocShark

Got a scrollsaw or a Dremel? Make one from brass (or aluminum or whatever) sheet. Or use PR or wood even. Drill a tiny hole in the clip where the design will mount and use epoxy to attach it.

I'm in the process of doing just that for the Christmas Boutique here at the church I work at. A bank of slims with various Christian symbols.

Pastors Pen

IMHO, all of the Icthus (fish) clips are oversized. I bought a Cross and an Ichtus a while back, and I have yet to find a pen that they do not look over-large and cheesy on. As an option, consider buying a pair of Icthus pierced earrings in the finish that you need to match your pen hardware (you can probably find the earrings at a Christian book store), drill a small hole in the clip, insert one of the earrings, and snip and solder the post inside the back of the clip. It really looks more custom, and the fish will not look so large.
Or possibly, someone knows where to get clips with the "fish" emblem (Icthus) that is not so big.

omb76

Thanks everyone for your great ideas and suggestions!! I think I may try Mark's idea of using the earrings. I'll post pictures once I have a finished product.

Top Bottom