Custom Laser Engraving?!?!?!?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jon-wx5nco

All,
I was asked to make a pen that has their company logo engraved in it. They are wanting a white acrylic and their logo to be engraved in. Here is the kicker, they want the logo to be red. Is it possible to fill the engraved area with something for it to look red?

If any of you are laser engravers, please let me know so I will know what direction to go

Thanks
Jon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Jon:
I would google Ken Nelson at Kallenshaw Woods or Constant at LaserLinez (both members here). They are both good about answering questions by telephone or e-mail.

Both of these guys have lots of experience with laser engraving as well as color fill. Additionally, they can give you helpful pricing information.

Respectfully submitted.

Jon-wx5nco

Most AWESOME! Thank you Sir!. I will look up their info and send them a message
Thanks again!

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
I am currently doing the fill work on 25 pens a fellow bought. Each has engraving on both sides of the blank and will have to be filled with different colors so they will show up as well as possible. I have done a lot of this filling, had 1 order for 50, and I use acrylic paint from Michaels, Hobby Lobby or the artists supply store near us. The tubes of paint will cost me $3 or less and will be enough to fill over 100 pens. Wearing a rubber glove, I apply a small glob of the paint to the engraved area and rub it around covering all areas that are engraved. When it begins to haze a bit I use a soft rag or a blue paper towel to wipe off all of the surface. I then repeat it and it is done. The acrylic will cure out in a few minutes. I apply this over acrylic or CA finished wood with equally good results. My engraver charges $3 to fill one pen, do the math on 50 pens, duh. This is what works for me, your results may vary (according to Weight Watchers).
WB

Top Bottom