Custom clips, save$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I haven't seen anyone mention this before so I thought I'd point it point it out.
There are different suppliers of "theme" clips at different prices.
I just happen to notice that Craft Supplies allows you to add a custom clip on a slimline (create your own pen) pg 105 of their catologue.)
The 10 pen price is $2.12.
single "theme clips go for anywhere from $1.00-$1.75.
Since you might need spare trnsmissions, or the fact that you might like a different shaped CB this is a more economical way to buy the "theme" clips than purchasing them separately.
Kit plus clip.(I normally buy my slimlines from Bill OR Ryan)
I happen to notice this when I was pricing out clips for my casing-antler pens.
I also prefer the detail in the craft supply clips versus the PSI clips.(at least on the rifle)
Personal choice.
The Best pricing doesn't work the other way around on the Euro/designer "theme" clips,PSI has them beat.

Tom McMillan

That's a good observation Eagle. I like the CSU rifle clips better too, but on a couple of my antler/casing pens it was too tight---so had to use the PSI rifle clip. Recently I've been looking at rifle clips and I see POC has them for 80 cents each. Also, I see that Berea now has rifle clips in their new catalog (was looking at it last night online)---don't have their new catalog, not sure if it's been mentioned since it came out?? Anyway, I see they do have some new kits in it I haven't seen before.

Rifleman1776

Same experience here. For whatever reason the CSU theme clips (my prsonal pen is a rifle clip) are engineered differently. This requires a slender top barrel to make it fit properly. I tried bending to make work but results were less than satisfactory. The Christian Cross is, in my experience, the most popular.

Originally posted by Tom McMillan
<br />That's a good observation Eagle. I like the CSU rifle clips better too, but on a couple of my antler/casing pens it was too tight---so had to use the PSI rifle clip. Recently I've been looking at rifle clips and I see POC has them for 80 cents each. Also, I see that Berea now has rifle clips in their new catalog (was looking at it last night online)---don't have their new catalog, not sure if it's been mentioned since it came out?? Anyway, I see they do have some new kits in it I haven't seen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom