Custom Bushing from JohnnyCNC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

I was so impressed with John's work on the bushing he has made for us that I started working on a project with him. Here is the result.

The Bushings in front are my used sierra bushings. The one in the back, well....... let's just say we are working on a new kit. ;)
20082102590_Bushings%20003x.jpg

Actually, When I bought my Grizzly lathe it has a 1 inch post on the toolrest. The PSI lathe that I was moving up from has a 5/8's inch. Since I had just replaced the PSI toolrest with a 3 piece set after I broke the original, I couldn't see spending another $50 for a 6 inch and 8 inch tool rest for the Griz. So I contacted John and had him make up an adapter to make the 5/8's tool rest work with the 1" bango.

Here it's in it's new home.
20082103715_Bushings%20009x.jpg

A Big thanks to John once again for providing a perfect product.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

I love the hardness as it is steel. I don't get and nicks in it at all, but it doesn't allow you to get as close to the workpiece as the stock (non-round) rests. Tradeoffs.

There is an extra gap of maybe 1/4 inch, but it doesn't change what I do too much.

johnnycnc

Mike,That looks like it should work real well
for you.I'm glad you like it.
Thanks for posting it up.:)
I could make a set of these for telephone pole pens,
if you ever get a BIG lathe,and we'll call them bushings![:p]

I need to make myself some round rests,looks like
the way to go.
My tools drag on the flat one I have.

Jarheaded

When I saw that bushing I got excited, all I could think of was that it is going to be one big bore pistol with a sweet look to it. May be we can do something like that to replace the barrel on my antique colt. Soomehow the barrel got a minor bulge in it:D
You definetly do some nice work, I hope that we may be able to do one of these projects that spin in my mind(I will not hold you responsible for the outcome).[}:)]:)

johnnycnc

That would be one heck of a bull barrel,for sure:D
Too bad on the antique Colt.I have a friend who is a
major Colt collector,he has restoration work done occasionally;
I could get you his name if sources would be of help.
Hehe,I had a Marlin camp 9 carbine that developed bulges,too.
Seems subsonic pistol ammo does not have oomph enough to
reliably make it through 16" of carbine barrel.
Look me up if you ever want to try that project![:I]
Originally posted by Jarheaded

When I saw that bushing I got excited, all I could think of was that it is going to be one big bore pistol with a sweet look to it. May be we can do something like that to replace the barrel on my antique colt. Soomehow the barrel got a minor bulge in it:D
You definetly do some nice work, I hope that we may be able to do one of these projects that spin in my mind(I will not hold you responsible for the outcome).[}:)]:)

Top Bottom