CUSA Click pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Not sure if they are the same or not as I only order the better platings from Aaron. I wish I could tell you but I have not tried one to compare.

The pens are the same but I think LauLau you can get Rhodium. The pen lets you show off the material ALOT. It is a long pen (or at least it looks longer then other pens). The clicker is kinda noisy and sometimes gets caught up. I have found that a tinny bit of petroleum jelly on the black part of the cartridge helps get rid of that problem.

Charlie_W

My everyday carry pen is a CUSA clicker with red cedar/ CA finish. I like it because I can get it out of my pocket and click with one hand. Twist pens and roller ball pens require two hands or one hand and some teeth!
It has held up very well. Yes, I think the click mechanism is noisier than needed.
But, I like it!

Culprit

Avbill,

Which pen are you asking about? CSUSA sells both a "click pen" and a "clicker pen" and they are quite different.

Your original post asked about the "click pen" but it appears some people have been replying about the "clicker pen" (which some commonly call the long click to help avoid confusion).

Here is part of a screenshot taken directly from CSUSA's website:

CSUSA_clickers.jpg

My daily carry pen is a clicker (aka long click) from CSUSA and I love it. I like the long, one piece to show off great blanks - in my case some black walnut from my brother's property. I like the clicker mechanism - the top is broad and feels good to my thumb - it doesn't poke like some freebie trade show give-aways. I love the gun metal finish. I know some will disagree with me, but I also love the shape of the clip.

Keep in mind that I'm new here - I have only turned slimlines, cigar pens, and the clicker (aka long click), so I may very well have a new favorite next month, but for the past 2-3 months this pen has been with me all day, every day, and I really like it so far.

PS: I did have the problem that Ruby Pen Turning mentioned on one of the few I have turned so far. I fixed it the same way he did, except that I used Johnson's Original Formula Paste Wax (it's what was handy in the garage).

Last edited:

BSea

I like it for most of the reasons listed above. I've used kits from both Lau Lau & CSUSA, and other than plating options, they are the same. The long blank allows for some interesting segmenting options.

The pen is sensitive to the spring orientation. Be sure the spring taper goes on the refill first. If its on the nib end, it can bind.

Top Bottom