curly koa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick_1853

I'm glooking for some curly koa blanks. I got one as a freebie with an order from a kit company (they are in Hawaii), and was really impressed with it. Then I went and looked on their site, it was 7.25 per blank!! It was nice but I couldn't see paying that much for the pens I'm making now.

If anyone can point me in the direction or would be willing to part with some for some money in return, let me know.

Patrick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

I just did a search, and found this:

http://www.curlykoa.com/woods/penblanks.html

Never heard of that company before, like I said,
it is the result of a search!

Gary

Email Chris (his IAP member name is pen-turners, and you can find him in the members section). He lives in Hawaii and probably has a source.

pen-turners

All,
I am due to get a bunch of curly koa in next week from the big island and will post it on a sale ad. Should be around $2 a blank for some really curly stuff.

Chris

its_virgil

Koa of all kinds is touted as being rare, rare, rare but on vacation to Hawaii 2 summers ago I visited cabinet shops, milling shops, and door shops and was given all the scrap I could handle. I brought back about 60 lbs of Koa including plain, curly, and birdseye. Also ohia, toon, monkeypod, keawi, swamp mahagony, teak, macnut, palm, kumani, ... 160 lbs of free wood. How I got it home is another story. Visit these places while on vacation for some free local fare.
do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Gary
<br />Email Chris (his IAP member name is pen-turners, and you can find him in the members section). He lives in Hawaii and probably has a source.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by pen-turners
<br />All,
I am due to get a bunch of curly koa in next week from the big island and will post it on a sale ad. Should be around $2 a blank for some really curly stuff.

Chris

Let me tell you.

I got some curly Koa from Chris in a blank swap a while back and it is FANTASTIC! Chris was nice to deal with and I would not hesitate to deal with him again. In fact, at $2.00 a blank you can put me down for a 20 blank preorder. I have a pen in my photo gallery made from the Koa I got from Chris.

Efletche

Same here Chris. Depending what you get, put me down for 20 of the curly Koa.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Chris what other kinds of exotics from the islands do you have... I have a bunch of instrument grade curly already... have heard about pheasant wood and ohia but have never seen them... have turned some curly mango and loved the look..but only had 2 blanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom