Curious about Guild members

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jenamison

How many on this site belong to the Yahoo Penturners Guild??? I am just curious because #1 I have a question about the pens you can turn and feel more at ease asking on this site at this time (although I would like to produce a masterpiece and become a member being that there are only fifty something at this time). #2 I've seen some works on the applications submitted that I recognize (I Think).

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom McMillan

Hey Mike---I can't tell you how many fellow Guild members visit IAP---but, I've seen a number here regularly. There is an application at the Guild site which should lay out what is needed. Feel free to ask, and I'm sure someone will try to help out.

woodpens

It is actually called the Pen Makers' Guild, Mike. As Tom said, there are quite a few PMG members who participate here. Feel free to ask away.

timdaleiden

Originally posted by woodpens
<br />It is actually called the Pen Makers' Guild, Mike. As Tom said, there are quite a few PMG members who participate here.

There are PMG members here now????

Do they have a big "G" stamped on their foreheads so we can spot them?

BTW, I haven't seen Dale D, Tex B, and Kenn O, post anywhere for much too long. Have they all signed up with a 12 step?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
PMG members who are fairly active on this site include those who have posted above me on this thread (not me) plus Scott Greaves (Scott), Don Ward (its_virgil), Pat Lawson, Dale Dutridge, Richard Kleinhenz (scubaman), Kenn Osborne and Russ Fairfield. Some others stop by but only on rare occasion. All of these folks have been extremely generous with their knowledge and assistance.

jenamison

Well actually Lou answered the question I had, It was can I incorporate my laser into a pen for submittion. And sorry Mr. Lambert, didn't mean to step on any toes by miss naming "The Guild".

woodpens

Originally posted by jenamison
<br />Well actually Lou answered the question I had, It was can I incorporate my laser into a pen for submittion. And sorry Mr. Lambert, didn't mean to step on any toes by miss naming "The Guild".
Sorry, Mike. That was the "snootiness" coming out in me. [;)] The only reason I mentioned that was that the Yahoo Penturners is one group, and the Pen Makers' Guild is another.

I believe using your laser is acceptable for creating your submission to the Guild. I thought at one time there was a requirement to using only equipment commonly available to most pen makers, but I see nothing of the sort on the application instructions. That must have been the requirements for a contest of some sort. I used a pool cue inlay machine for my submission. Bruce Boone used some pretty advanced equipment for his pen as well. I'd say give it a shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom