Cueball color material?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey

I have an idea for a few pens and need a material that looks like a "cueball" color, ie. antique white or off white. Was wondering if the alternative ivory was similar in color, or if there was another product out there that imitated that color.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mikey

Hmm, hadn't thought of Ivory Corian. That may be a good idea as long as I can find a few places locally that even have scraps that color.

Mikey

Thanks Steve, I may give that a shot as I would probably be ordering a couple footlong sticks of the stuff to make it worth the shipping cost if I ordered it from CSUSA. (boy, do I wish I kept my raffle ticket now[:D] )

Does anyone know what thickness the corian sample is? I'm looking at the 4x4 squares, but I'm thinking they'll only work if they are 3/4" thick. (I don't want to be able to see any glue line.) I've been trying to call the 866 number, but nobody answers.

Firefyter-emt

FYI.. I have not had luck with glue and the white CA. I was not able to even get close to an invisable line. Maybe with a tinted glue made for it, but it just looked nasty when I did it. Most Corian is 1/2" They do make 3/4" but it's very expensive and rare to find.

airrat

I have glued up alot of corian and with the whites or lighter colors its harder to hide the line unless you use tinted glue. There is a site that sells it but im at work and dont remember it off hand. I do have some white corian and some Ivory (with swirls) I could cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom