CSUSA woodworkers pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Have you all seen the new pencil from woodturners?
I have wanting to get the 2mm power pencil from P.S.I. for my shop.
actually I want to make about four of them.
then I saw this one.
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=050-5000
not sure that will take you to the actual page but it is listed in their new for spring items.
I was just looking for any comments and general feedback. anyone actually using either one of these pencils in their shop and what do you think of them. how is the availability of replacment 1/4 inch leads. I know woodturners sells them but can they be found locally as well.
I know the P.S.I. pencil has a whole line up of replacment leads at any office store. in various hardnesses of lead and all. these are ment for drafting. adn I was thinking the Woodturners pencil might be better in the shop for marking on rough wood etc.
thank ahead of time for any thoughts.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Andy Ryan

Danial are you trying to reach 500 post this month?

Just kidding. yea that pencil looks intersting to say the least.
Don't know if i will make one or not, we shall see. I you do make one post a pic so we all can see how it turns out.

thanx Andy[;)]

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
That is a nice looking pencil. Would make excellent gifts for woodworkers. (Yeah, I know that's obvious... I'm trying to hit 100 posts! [;)])

Daniel

It's like the wide world of posting around here :)
I think I will order a few of each and just see how creative I can get with them.I have been using yellow pencils and ever sharps forever. I can't keep the yellow ones sharp and the eversharps are a disaster. what I am hoping to find is a lead liek that of a construction pencil. very hard and keeps an edge for a while. I have a very different shape in mind as well.

Daniel

Andy,
Actually one of my design ideas does have a flat spot. I was thinking of a handle like that of an Awl. big and knobby with the flat edge to it.
other than that I hadn't thought of it. glad you pointed that out.

orionlx200

I would like to know if the pencil has a built in sharpener for the 1/4" lead?I just know if I make one it will probably sit around and not get used because it looks so nice<g> I think I would have to make it from some tough ugly wood<g> Just kidding.The idea of flats is a very good one.If the leads are easy to find I just might try one out in my next order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom