CSUSA New Products

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Steve Busey

Neat - that Apprentice Classica looks like a Pacifica/Sierra clone - but quite a bit cheaper! I wonder what the "Apprentice" implies.

JerryS

I just got their new catalog today , after flipping through it , they have some nice new kits and other goodies .

DurocShark

Most (if not all) of that stuff is in my catalog that just came yesterday.

I like a lot of that stuff.

Wife, not so much. ($$)

mrcook4570

I am disappointed with their price increase on the stub nibs. Just a few months ago, they were $5.99 each with feed and housing. Now they are almost twice that price and are nib only. They are nice writers and are a plain nib (no engraving).

igran7

Also check out the price increase on a number of "old kits" Example, Gentlemens Jr Rhodium pens. New price is $16.99 old price was $13.80.

Limited Edition Statesman & Emperor prices have gone way down though.

reddwil

I was real disappointed at some the drastic price increases. Seems to be mostly on 10k and rodium. Thought at first it make because of gold prices, but the price increase are not on all pen kits, just the ones that seem to be more popular. Bummer

rjwolfe3

They aren't the only ones who raised their prices a lot. Hut really went up. I just got their latest catalog and a lot of the prices went up nearly $5 or more.

Russianwolf

But they did add the Elegant Beauty (under a different name in less expensive platings) I may have to get some of the Chromes.

I did send them an email about the nibs, asking whether the holder/feed is still available. If not they just lost my business.

Last edited:

Texatdurango

Looks like the Aero pen is similar to the "beauty" pen I have seen around lately, and at about the same price... until a group buy knocks off 25%! :wink:

The Apprentice Classica appears to be a Sierra and rather than judge them by the name "Apprentice", I'll hold off judgement until I can hold both in my hands and compare them side by side.

This ought to tighten up the competition a bit and I too have noticed price increases elsewhere so it's not just Craft Supply!

As far as my nib needs though, I think I'll stick with Lou or Anthony just 'cause they're good folks... and have good prices! :)

gmcnut

Hi all,

I just got my CSUSA cataloog too. I am interested in trying the "Clicker".

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I don't know why this trend has developed, but do all new pen kits have to mix gold and silver colours together?

If I want a gold pen - it should be gold! If silver, then silver! I don't know why the manufacturers feel the need to mix-and-match platings, as on the Aero and the Churchill Ultra...

Andrew

jskeen

I'm with you Lou, why would I buy steelflex nibs at $4 each when I can get genuine made in china german dyacom nibs for $10 from them? :)

Russianwolf

Just got word that the old nibs (with holder/feed is still available, but TODAY ONLY).

I just listed a group buy with the numbers they have available in the group buy forum. If you want any of the old style with holder/feed at the old prices then let me know quick, I will be placing the order by 5PM Eastern (before I leave the office).

Firefyter-emt

I wonder if that nib could be ground to a fine stub? That is what stinks about plated nibs, you can't grind them down and polish them back out without killing the plating.

As for the price hike, I mean come on guys.... Everything around us on every level is shooting thru the roof and will get worse. It is to be expected.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I don't understand why anyone here would buy a "clicker" from CSUSA when Aaron has them with better plating usually for a better price. The same thing with the Aero pen, both Aaron and Anthony have them with a better plating and a lower price. And they are both very reliable people to deal with from HERE.

wizical

Me Personally, I know if i have a problem with one of CSUSA pens, I know that they will take care of me. that is harder to determine by smaller companies cause it can cut into their bottomline.

GBusardo

While i am not shocked, I am disapointed in the price increases of some of the more popular pens also. Please do not tell me its because of the price of gold, thats BS. I find myself buying more and more from the smaller companies.

Firefyter-emt

I regularly do this for my customers. It's not something most nibmeisters will do.

You know, I was thinking along the lines of grinding a normal nib, you are right... a stub could be brought down much eaiser than a normal nib.

I have only been playing with grinding a little bit myself, I did have a perfect grind the other day. I had a wonderfull Parker Vacumatic that had tipping damage. I had pondered sending it to Greg to be re-tipped, but it would of cost $20.00 more than I paid for the pen itself and brought the "investment" upto $100 for the pen. I can buy a new Vac for less than that. I made the nib a fine stub and it floats on paper too! A few penturners got to try it at the New England meet and can attest to just how nice it wrote.

Top Bottom