CSUSA New Broker Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneis

I just finished my first Broker and I have to say that I LIKE. It has a nice heft to it, more than the Wall Street from Wood Craft. The Broker has a much better feel, like you really have something. I also like the new Tactile finish, it doesn't feel like rubber but it does not slip around in your fingers. All in all Craft Supply did it again. In the next couple days I'll be trying the new Euro in the Tactile finish, thats also a real nice looking kit. I also bought their Tactile Twist slimline, its the first slimline that I've bought in months and I'll actually make them. I don't make slimlines very often but I'm looking forward to making this one.

Wayne

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

There's real nice pic's in the catalog[}:)]

I had to do that, I'll try to get a shot posted soon.

One tip on the Broker is that the clip rubs the wood the way it is designed because thats how the mechinism woks but what I did was cut a groove so that the tip of the clip sets in it.

Wayne

PenWorks

I want to get the all tactical, but I held off to see the pen in Provo. Sounds like you think it's nicer than the Wall St. & I like that kit.

S0, are you saying, you made the one for the catalog [:D]

wayneis

Anthony, no I did not do the photo in the catalog. I had just got done reading all of the posts in the photo poll and the devil kind of got to me when I read you and Gary's replies.

Other than the groove that I used on the end for the clip to set in my pen doesn't look much different.

Yes I do like this better than the Wall Street, the machanics are smoother and I really like the tactile finish. It just feels like a better pen. Try it...you'll like it.

Wayne

Vern

Hi all, been a long dry spell for the shop. Been busy w/ other obligations.

Got a few of the broker kits and have done one with spalted maple. Finish is sanding sealer and hut friction w/ TSW. Next one is going to have a band of some sort under the clip, I've marked the wood with just a few days of handling. Black acrylic would be my first choice. Pen's kind of heavy but feels good in hand.

Be safe on the roads this weekend!

Vern

2005528171420_spmaytbr.jpg

wayneis

Vern if you inlay something you will still end up with marks. What I have come up with is to cut a groove right where the clip will touch the wood then it sets in there and doesn't leave any marks on anything. Thats probably clear as mud.

Wayne

Ben

How was the kit to make? Was it hard to drill? It said in the new catalog that it required a 4 1/4" blank or something like that? Did you have to stop drilling and move the blank up? It looked like it would be a real nice pen though... Yours turned out great!!!

Ben

Vern

Ben, Thanks... I've the good fortune to have a 6" travel mill that I use to bore blanks [:)] Finished length of the broker body is right at 3" so if you have a small press you'll most likely have to take a second bite on the blank. The kit assembly was very easy. Only thing I'd like to see is a "B" sized mandrel on all the kit bushings that could use it.

Vern

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Good looking pen, Vern. I'm still not sold on the style, but I'll have to try it. I didn't like the Atlas until I felt it in my hand and this kit may well be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom