CSUSA Long Clicker Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
During the birthday bash I bought some Long Clicker kits from CSUSA. I just got some bushings from Johnny so I could finally make one to try for myself. Well everything went together perfect. The problem I have is that the instrustions show a coupler for the nib. It also appears that the nib screws on and off, kinda like a cigar. But in the kits I received the nib presses in like a slimline. So how in the world are you supposed to change the refill??? I now have a clicker for myself that I see no possible way to change it without dissasembling it. All help will be appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I've never turned one of those, but is it possible that the nib and coupler were screwed together when you got them, making the 2 look like 1? Have you tried unscrewing the nib?
That's the way it is! Unscrew the nib!

Now here's something that I have found. I tried to get them to change the instructions but my explanation fell on deaf ears.

The instructions tell you to press the nib end bushing into the lower end of the brass tube. Then slide the press tool over the tranny and press the tranny in. What you are essentially doing here is pressing on the nib end for the 2nd time. Unscrewing the nib now to slide the cartridge in will be very difficult.

I have taken to pressing the plunger, tranny and clip 1st, then the nib end. Now I have only pressed on the nib end once and it unscrews easily!

turbowagon

Here's another tip...

for nib designs such as this, I like to unscrew them slightly before pressing in, so that when you screw the nib section after changing the refill, it is guaranteed to seat flush against the pen barrel.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I had to call Arnold over to unscrew this dang thing. I even tried all this before I posted. I also looked at the other kits, and it really looks like the nib is 1 piece. Thanks again for the help.

Mack I'll agree, that nust be why it was so darn tight. I pressed the nib first, and then the tranny. Will do it the other way on the next ones

Last edited:

thewishman

I've never turned one of those, but is it possible that the nib and coupler were screwed together when you got them, making the 2 look like 1? Have you tried unscrewing the nib?

That is all I can think of, too. Otherwise, the nib is not big enough to fit snugly in the tube. I use a rubber band wrapped around the nib to unscrew and to tighten mine.

Last edited:

hewunch

I always unscrew the nib all the way. On these and cigars. Press it in and then you are able to do the other side. If you want, you could leave it sticking out just a tad so when you press in the tranny/clip it seats the rest of the way.

Top Bottom