CSUSA, Berea, PSI: Read This Post!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

For all those who represent these companies or are resellers of their material, I have a few suggestions that I have had people request or would like to see. I'm sure some have batted these around already.

1) Chalk pencil--- to hold standard sized chalk for chalkboards. Would be best with a collet-type mechanism found in the Artist Sketch Pencil. I have a few teachers that would love this.

2) Felt tip pens. I know Cross makes "felt" type refill but it is short lived. This would be a good use of a snap cap or screwcap.

3) Markers-- particularly the Sharpie style. Would be particularly nice to have a barrell that just held a sharpie inside it. Afraid it would be huge though. I would make and use one of these myself.

Lastly, this is particularly for BEREA and CSA:

Schmidt and Hauser refills SUCK DIRT and I refuse to use them in any pen I write with or sell. I go to Staples and buy Pilot G2 refills. I suggest you both give Schmidt and Hauser the flush and use the cheaper and more reliable Pilot G2's instead. Would save me a trip to Staples once in a while. Do not ask me how I really feel about this.[B)]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

From another customer,

Dear CSA, (sorry Berea, I don't use your stuff anymore)

For those of us who do like the Schmidt refills, please continue with them, at least as an "upgrade" option. Personally, I think the Schmidt 5888 refill is the best rollerball I have ever used, including many years with my previous employer using the G2 refills. Man, I'm glad I retired, took up this hobby and found the Schmidt 5888's!

'Course I could be wrong. I was wrong back on May 06, 1973 and am due again any day now [:D]

woodwish

Originally posted by redfishsc
<br />

1) Chalk pencil--- to hold standard sized chalk for chalkboards. Would be best with a collet-type mechanism found in the Artist Sketch Pencil. I have a few teachers that would love this.

As a veteran teacher of too many years, and a teacher trainer for several districts, I can't even think of the last time I saw a chalkboard or chalk in a classroom. Everyone seems to be using dry-erase boards and markers now due to better visability, lower allergies due to dust, and computer failure due to abrasivness of chalk dust.

Now I have looked at dry-erase markers and tried to think of a way to make a turned wood holder for those just to show off some. Still a project on my to-do list but I doubt if any manufacturer could ever sell enough chalk holders to make it worth the trouble to design one.

Texatdurango

Originally posted by redfishsc
<br />Randy, I alread tried that.

BTW, what kits do CSA put the Schmidt 5888 in?
For sure they come in the Statesman and Emperor and I think also in the Jr Statesman. I haven't bought their other high end kits but would guess they also have the 5888's instead of the 888's.

I like the 5888 over the 888 refill, seems a bit smoother writing and I've yet to find a refill that feels as smooth.

George

Maskman

Is the Pilot G2 a perfect fit or is there some modification that is needed. I have been looking for a refill to replace Hauser.

Dan

Texatdurango

The Pilot G2 #77241 is a drop-in perfect fit for any pens that use the Schmidt 5888, 888 or Hauser refills. At least all the ones I have tried.

Another nice refill, although a bit pricy, is the Parker Gel #30525

While shopping, if you see the Staples #31581 refills... RUN away from them. In my opinion, they leak, smudge, and are the most horrid refills I have ever put into a pen!

George

mrcook4570

Red - If you are unhappy with the Schmidt refills, please send them to me. I have been very pleased with their performance. Regarding felt tip pens, Schmidt and Monte Verdi make felt tip refills that are drop-in replacements for our rollerballs. Just search for fine liner felt tip refills.

Ray - Chalkboards are still present in many classrooms, particularly in poorer school districts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom