CSUSA apprentice jr. Gent question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

biednick

Hello,
I have turned a few of these kits. I am not al all happy with them. Does anyone know if there is a kit that uses the same bushings? Can I just buy a jr gent 2 and put those parts on the tubes I have? Or is there another kit I can do this with?
Thanks,
Nick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

biednick

I guess I am not sure what you are out to accomplish. Why are you unhappy? That will make a difference to your responses.

These kits have plastic threads on the intiripr cap. Of the 6 I ordered, I turnrd 5 and they all broke from normal day to day use in the same place, the cap thread. I could buy another one of these or get a replacement from csusa but I feel the same thing will happen. What I want to do is find a kit with the same tube and the same or slightly smaller bushings so I can replace the external components on this kit. The pen I want to fix is one pf my first casts, and the first one I am really happy with, so I dont want to just write it off.

crabcreekind

the baron is exactly like it, except it has better threads. And the end cap bushing is the same size as the nib bushing. unlike the jr gent 1

Top Bottom