CSUSA Accessory Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMadore

Howdeeeeeee....

I searched and searched the forums (honest!) but couldn't find an answer to this simple question (nor can I find one on the CSUSA site, so I'm either really, really dumb, or they are!) - so here goes:

What, exactly, is included in the "accessory kits" sold with the CSUSA pen kits (e.g. 750-4181 Accessory Kit for Imperial Pen)?

I would like to think that it includes all required drill bits, a set of bushings, and maybe even some spare tubes, but I just gotta know.

Edit: Oh, and are the included drill bits brad-point or just regular old crappy ones?

Edit: Oh, oh, and are the accessories the same for the Imperial and Lotus kits? They seem to have the same specs (the drill bit sizes, anyway), but have different part numbers: 750-4181 for the Imperial, 750-4185 for the lotus.

I'm putting together my order for the current CSUSA group buy, but posted this here in case there are any other people with the same question.

Thanks,

Cheers!

Gary

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I've never bought the "accessories" kit, usually buy the drill bits and bushing separately, but the description in the catalog says "drill bits and bushings"

Some of the larger drill bits CSUSA sells are the standard bits, not brad points..

PapaTim

Accessory kits

Garry,
You can search the CSusA website by part # to find what's in their accessory kits. Usually it's the bushings and drill bit but I've also noticed some discrepency as you noted. The slimline and kc twist have the same # drilll bit & bushings but different kit #'s. :confused:

mrcook4570

Bushings for the lotus and imperial use the same part number and their drill bits are the same, so I would say the accessory kits are the same unless spare tubes are included.

GaryMadore

Doh!

Never thought of searching by part # - thanks Tim.

So, it looks like bushings and brad-point drill bits (and so the differing part #'s still confuse me, but I guess I won't lose any sleep over it...)

Thanks,

Cheers!

Gary

sbell111

It should also be noted that you don't actually get a cooly packaged kit. You get a set of bushings and a brill bit or two.

lwalden

Doh!

Never thought of searching by part # - thanks Tim.

So, it looks like bushings and brad-point drill bits (and so the differing part #'s still confuse me, but I guess I won't lose any sleep over it...)

Thanks,

Cheers!

Gary

It's been over a year since I got the accesory kit for the Jr vII's, but at that time you received standard twist bits rather than brad point bits (along with the bushings).

If the bits are good quality, you're better off w/standard bits, rather than bradpoint bits anyhow. I'd venture to say that at least 50% of blowouts while drilling are directly attributable to bradpoint bits. I've been slowly replacing all my "Pen" bits with Norseman bits, and am VERY satisfied with the results.

Grizz

Banned
That is one of the things that bother me with just about any "new" item. You have to buy new bushings or this or that. Or you have to buy the whole kit...etc.

I'm trying to get into Pepper Mills and find all the odd size forstner bits I now need. Can't be something in a 'normal' perimeter.

GaryMadore

That is one of the things that bother me with just about any "new" item. You have to buy new bushings or this or that. Or you have to buy the whole kit...etc.

I'm trying to get into Pepper Mills and find all the odd size forstner bits I now need. Can't be something in a 'normal' perimeter.

Heh heh .... If I had a nickel for every time I wondered that myself, I could afford all the drill bits in the world! ;)

I mean, really, what numpty designed a pen kit and thought "Hmmmmmm.... I think 1/2" is WAY to common: I'm gonna go with 33/64""???

Madness, I tellya!

Cheers!

Gary

gomeral

I mean, really, what numpty designed a pen kit and thought "Hmmmmmm.... I think 1/2" is WAY to common: I'm gonna go with 33/64""???

An American that didn't want to specify a 13mm drill bit. :tongue:

daniel

P.S. I can say that because I'm both American and an engineer that uses units like "furlongs per fortnight" to screw with my non-engineer friends...

GaryMadore

P.S. I can say that because I'm both American and an engineer that uses units like "furlongs per fortnight" to screw with my non-engineer friends...

Heh heh... I had a powerpoint presentation a while ago that proved, in engineer-speak, that 2+2 does indeed equal 4. It was, IIRC,about 10-12 slides long and the math was sound (albeit silly). I wish I still had it - I would send it to you.

Cheers!

Gary (a physicist who thinks engineers are geeky (grin))

Top Bottom