CSUSA 37/64 bit???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TowMater

I got everything in that I needed to get some statesmen pens done.

Cut all my blanks to size paying particular attention to the aspects of the grain I wanted to show off on the cap and body of the pen.

Pulled out my brand new CSUSA bit to drill all the cap pieces.........

and it's a split point bit????

Can this be right? They didn't mention when I ordered that one would be brad point and the other split point?

I'm not real enthused about using this type of bit on rosewood burl and amboyna burl....

Todd

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

IMHO and my experience, CSUSA bits are over priced and the quality are not that great. I'd buy from Arizona Silhouette first if they offer the size.

Contact CSUSA, they usually are very good if you have any problems/concerns.

TowMater

Well, as it turns out I have a few days to wait anyway. Switch went bad on the drill press.

Luckily I bought a Grizzly and they are sending me out a new one at no charge.

rherrell

I use regular 118 degree point bits for all my drilling. Don't like brad points, they seem a little too aggressive FOR ME. I don't see anything wrong with using a 135 degree split point.

Texatdurango

To each their own but I don't believe I have one single brad point bit in my shop, at least that I know of!

I love split point bits and use them for all my pen blanks and have drilled my share of burls, especially amboyna burl which is my favorite. The split points help keep the bits centered, especially with the larger bits.

Todd, I wouldn't get too excited, I've drilled dozens of amboyna burl blanks for the Statesman and Gent size pens with no problems whatsoever.

Top Bottom