CSUSA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gjoffrionjr

I am new to pen turning but see alot of folks referring to CSUSA kits. I believe this is a company that makes the kits but where does one find the kits. I did a search and found nothing of this company. Thanks for any info on the matter.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

There are basically three suppliers of kits: Craft Supplies USA, Berea Hardwoods and Penn State Industries(PSI). There are no resellers of Craft Supplies kits, you have to buy their kits from them. Arizona Silhouette and Beartooth Woods are both resellers of Berea kits. Woodturningz, WoodnWhimsies, Pens of Color and some others are resellers of PSI kits. You can also buy Berea kits direct from Berea, but this is not recommended for beginners because they have a reputation for being relatively rude on the phone. You can also buy PSI kits directly from PSI, but they are less expensive and you get better service from the resellers.

CSUSA is noted for having the high end kits. Berea has a few very nice kits as well as some that are truly terrible. PSI has one high end kit, the Majestic, but I rarely use their kits because of the lack of decent plating options.

gjoffrionjr

Thank you all for the info. I have been getting thier catalogs for years. Didnt realize they went by the name of Craft. I always just thought it was Wood Turners Catalog. [B)]

BigguyZ

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />
CSUSA is noted for having the high end kits. Berea has a few very nice kits as well as some that are truly terrible. PSI has one high end kit, the Majestic, but I rarely use their kits because of the lack of decent plating options.

So you'd say that the CUSA kits are of higher quality than the ones being sold from Arizona Silhouhette? It seems to me that Az Sil has the best prices on the decent platings (titanium, Plat, Rhod) on the cigar pens. Since those are the most popular pens I've been selling, I plan on buying from them next time I have enought $$ to put together a large order... Is that a mistake? Should I be buying all my kits from CUSA?

Russianwolf

hey bigguyz,
I think what he's saying is that the higher end styles of the kits is better at CSUSA(take a look at their emporer and lotus kits), but if you are looking for Cigar Style kits (or other basic styles), Arizona is just as good.

mick

At the risk of singling out any one supplier here's my list of who I buy what from.

<b>CSUSA:</b> Emperor, Statesman, Jr and Sr, Gents Jr and Sr, Panache and Sketch pencil

<b>Arizona Silhouhette</b>( A Berea reseller): Barons, Churchills, Sierras, Chrome Perfume pens, Cigar pens and Ti Gold and Chrome Euros

<b>Woodturningz</b>( PSI reseller): Fancy style slimlines(pens and pencils), Teachers Pens, Misc. Letter Openers and Magnifying Glasses and Chrome Keyrings

<b>Beartooth Woods</b>(Berea reseller) The same kits as Arizona Silhouhette with the exception of the Baron which is an AS exclusive.

I don't favor AS over BTW or vice versa I buy from whoever is having a sale or if I need Barons I go with AS. Both are GREAT to deal with.

I also buy my acrylic, plastic, celluloid or what have you equally from all of the above depending on what I'm wanting as well from <b>Wood Pen Pro</b>. I get Dymondwood from <b>Wooden Whimsies</b> or <b>River Ridge</b>. Glue from<b> Monty</b> can't be beat! last but not leat are all the great blanks so many of our members offer for sell.

If I've left anyone one out I apologize but I'm going from memory here and it's late....lol

wizical

i have ordered Kits from a few companies, but I think the best quality and customer service is CSUSA, they know how to take care of people and are willing to go the extra mile to make things better. Yes, a couple of their kits aren't the greatest, but I rather look at being taken care of and knowing that I can call someone that knows what they are talking about.

eskimo

I primarily buy from CS and AS. Both have good quality kits. If I need kits in a hurry, I will lean toward AS. As an example, I placed an order with both companies on 8/23 within minutes of one another. The AS order was delivered on 8/25, the CS order is scheduled for delivery on 8/29.

You can't go wrong with either company. both give great service.

gerryr

When you do an online order with CS, the shipping defaults to UPS. You can change that to USPS Priority Mail and get your order much faster.

gerryr

You may also want to check Wood Pen Pro for cigar kits. Jimmy has some platings that nobody else has. One is a gold titanium with what looks like black ti accents but he calls it black chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom