CSUSA 10K kits?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnathan

I have a client that really likes the Gentlemens pen and wants it in gold. Will the 10k plating last? I have all of the versions here, he didn't like the color of the tint/gold finish. For those that have been doing this for years, will the 10k last? I'd rather make the Rhodium, which has the gold accents, but he really want a gold pen. Thanks for the help!

The catalog describes the finish as three stars, so, what does that mean in terms of time?[?]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

huntersilver

I offer both the Ti and 10k to my customers. I have yet to have
a complaint with the 10K. Having said that if we did have a complaint we would take care of it.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have had a couple 10K cigar pens (CSUSA Artisan series) come back with no plating left-used hard by a truck driver. But plating was not a little worn, it was GONE.

mrcook4570

Originally posted by Johnathan
<br /> Will the 10k plating last?
No
The catalog describes the finish as three stars, so, what does that mean in terms of time?[?]
If it is carried in a pocket everyday, I'd give it 4-6 weeks. I carried a 10k gent everyday and within two months, almost all of the gold had worn off. I don't have that problem with titanium gold.

Dario

Johnathan,

I am with everyone...I won't make anything now other than Titanium (gold or black), Platinum/Rhodium, or Chrome.

Of course I will still use up the old kits I have that are 10k or 24k [:D][;)]. Thankfully there is only a handful left.

Johnathan

Thanks everyone. So, is there no gold kits that are designed to last? That is really surprising to me. I personally don't like the look of yellow gold, but hey, many do.

mrcook4570

CS does make a couple of kits in 22k gold that has an extra thick plating. I believe its called the gold standard and is available on the euro and basic rollerball & fountain pen, but not on the gent or jr gent.

Rudy Vey

Johnathan, get Titanium Gold kits when ever you use gold colored hardware. The 10 K Gent that I made when they first came out did not hold up very well, gold was pretty much gone within two - three months. I made the same experience with Gent Jr. Also, the upgrade gold you get on Berea kits does not last much longer. The TiAu lasts pretty much forever. I am using a TiAu pen daily for about three years now and do not see any wear on the plating. All gold platings are too thin to last a long time. They are only a fraction of that on a Montblanc or any other of the pricier stuff. Lou (DC Bluesman) did some wear trials to find out how long the different platings will last, maybe you can find it when you do a search or he may point you to it. These tests gave us more real life results than a star rating of a supplier.

Max

Can someone tell me - how does the black chrome hold up compared to the regular chrome??
Thanks, Max

wayneis

Johnathan all of the Ti. Gold kits are actual gold and they do last. The difference in 10 K or 22 K and Ti. Gold is the additive that makes it last. To me there is very little difference in color and most people see no difference at all.

Wayne

Originally posted by Johnathan
<br />Thanks everyone. So, is there no gold kits that are designed to last? That is really surprising to me. I personally don't like the look of yellow gold, but hey, many do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom