CS lead prices

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

I have been away from penturing for a while, longer than I like. (shoulder surgery and other matters...Oh, well.)
Yesterday, I ordered some kits and supplies from CS and Penn State.
One of the items ordered from CS was the Artisan Pencil. I have made a lot of these in the past. With it I wanted some extra lead. The old price was $3.10 for two. But, I was told they no longer offer this. Now the leads come in a box of three and the price is over $15.00. I was shocked. I told the girl this was "outrageous" (politely) and did not order.
Penn State carries them at $2.50 for two. Next order there I will buy a fairly large quantity to have on hand.
I've never been a fan of PS pen kits. I buy other stuff from them and like the company. But the kits fell short in the quality aspect, IMHO.
But, for the artists/shop pencil I will probably switch to the PS model.
However, like all new kit ventures, it will mean buying a new, and overpriced, low quality, drill bit from them. It requires an 11 mm bit, one of the few I don't have. Oh, well.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
A 7/16 drill bit is .0044 larger than an 11mm. You might want to check the tubes and use a 27/64 its .012 smaller and will probably work.

Top Bottom