Cross style refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

Judging by discussions since I've joined IAP, many think highly of the Monteverde brand. Others choose Private Reserve brand. Both are available through IAP vendors.

I have no experience with either, but I'm going to have to make a choice.

Gord K.

I bought a couple of them from Richard Greenwald (penmaker56) - no affiliation, just a satisfied customer - and I am happy with the one I have been using at my part-time job. I ordered black ink and I like the depth of colour. The flow is good with the occasional hard start which I attribute to my work environment. I will buy them again, I hope this helps.

Gord

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
There is also a Schmidt refill for the cross style pen. The C600 is a very nice refill.

If there is, they don't know about it.

I have asked Schmidt for a cross style refill, they said they don't make one.
Now, that was a year or so ago, so if that has changed, we will stock theirs too! I certainly WILL inquire on my next order!

panamag8or

There is also a Schmidt refill for the cross style pen. The C600 is a very nice refill.

Now, that was a year or so ago, so if that has changed, we will stock theirs too! I certainly WILL inquire on my next order!

A couple of places online offer them, but they are marked "SCHMIDT-MINE". Don't know if that's a knock-off, or what.

eta: Seems they are manufactured by a company called Level 99

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

The Schmidt website has something I think it is a Monteverdi refill made by Schmidt and setup for cross. I did not really see a Schmidt.

Interesting that there are a number of companies that seem to offer knock-offs as Schmidt. Mostly rollerball refills.

navyjoe

Just want to reopen this 3 year old discussion. I purchased a bulk set of Cross style ink pens and despise the ink refills that come with it. I am having a very hard time finding a viable replacement for them. Amazon, Exotic Blanks, and PSI have little to nothing available. Is there anyone still making Cross refill pens and if so do you have tips for replacement refills?

navyjoe

conandy

The Schmidt-Mine C600 doesn't show up in the current Schmidt catalog, so I wonder if the Schmidt-Mine moniker is made to be misleading.

I would really love to hear feedback on these, as I generally don't like Cross style refills and as such I don't make slimlines. If there was a smooth writing, consistent quality Cross refill out there, I might make some more slimlines.

RE: monteverde refills. I purchased 4 colors of their Liquid Ink cross-style refills and was underwhelmed with them. 2 wrote OK, 2 really didn't. I know that Monteverde is generally well thought of, but I wasn't impressed with this particular refill.

navyjoe

Refills came in today. Huge improvement over the stock refills. No Schmidt easy flow mind you, but comparable to a standard Parker refill IMO.

KenV

I have not found a great Cross style refill, but the Montiverde is better than most.

The Montiverde is carried by many vendors.

I typically offer the Cross branded ones as upgrades. They're not cheap at $3ish per but someone that wants a better writing pen often doesn't bat an eye at paying a few bucks more.

Top Bottom